U.S. Army awards heroism medals to junior cadets killed in Florida shooting

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
Well done Cadets, may you all rest in God’s peace.

U.S. Army awards heroism medals to junior cadets killed in Florida shooting

“The achievement must be an accomplishment so exceptional and outstanding that it clearly sets the individual apart from fellow students or from other persons in similar circumstances," the Army said in a statement. "The performance must have involved the acceptance of danger and extraordinary responsibilities, exemplifying praiseworthy fortitude and courage."

Wang was also posthumously admitted to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. The academy expressed condolences with Wang's family in a statement Tuesday.

To add -

We should all hope to be so brave under similar situations.

Wang, 15, was shot while he stood holding the door open so other students could escape the shooting. Ernie Rospierski, a history teacher at the high school, witnessed Wang's heroics on Wednesday.

Rospierski told "CBS This Morning" that he saw Wang "holding the door pushing kids through the door while bullets are coming at him. I don't know many adults who could have done that, let alone a 14-year-old boy."

Last edited:
One of those gentlemen was a gentlewoman. Alaina Petty. Regardless, may they all rest in peace.

JROTC cadets showed more courage than 5 LEOs that day. Those 3 deserve every honor bestowed upon them.

JROTC cadets showed more courage than 5 LEOs that day. Those 3 deserve every honor bestowed upon them.
Goddamn right. On some other FB military pages, I've seen vets bitch about people wanting to give them military honors. Giving the argument that what they did was heroic, but they weren't in the military so tough shit. Never been more ashamed to be a vet than when I read that.

Rest In God's Own Peace, Peter.

You will forever be the hero you always have been. Prayers out.

Back