U.S. Army's ARH

A

arizonaguide

U.S. Army's ARH
EADS and Lockheed Martin will bid, as a team, for the Army's armed reconnaissance helicopters. The team will offer the UH-72A Lakotas, the same helicopters currently being delivered to the U.S. National Guard. If the bid is accepted, the companys will earn the Pentagon's $6.2 billion project by EADS producing the helicopters and Lockheed handling the integration of weapons and other mission systems.

UH-72_Lakota2.jpg

Wasn't the initial plan to use the AH-6 ?

I thought Bell was offering an upgraded version of the Long Ranger (OH-58 on steroids). Biggest problem is our inability to determine mission requirements, and stick to the original requirements. We keep adding requirements, that causes delays and cost increases.

There was an article in the recent Aviation Week on the subject of the ARH.

It's still sitting in a stack of magazines I haven't had time for, but it looked fairly comprehensive on where the program is going.

As I understand, the EADS entry is going to be built from scratch, it won't be an off the shelf solution.

There was an article in the recent Aviation Week on the subject of the ARH.

It's still sitting in a stack of magazines I haven't had time for, but it looked fairly comprehensive on where the program is going.

As I understand, the EADS entry is going to be built from scratch, it won't be an off the shelf solution.

We're fucked.

yup. why not just use the fucking AH6? two of Murphy's Rules come to mind:

1) if it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
2) if it ain't broke, please, for the love of God, don't "fix" it.

Back