UAV's and Time Travel

Washington leading troops, the death of Ceaser, signing of The Declaration of Independence, the Alamo, DB Coopers jump, Blackbeard when he buried his treasure, and follow Bin Laden from Toro Boro to get that reward money for his earlier demise.

I’d like to go back to @AWP ’s commissioning and when they said “whoever objects, speak now or forever hold your piece” I’d have some things to say.

I'd go back to watch @lindy (back from the future) speaking at @AWP 's commissioning just to see everyone else holding their pieces... I imagine it will have went (man, time travel is a bitch for tenses) something like this:

I was going to post a musing in the Open Mic thread, but thought it would make for a fun, and knowing this crowd, very stupid thread.

Say you could go back in time with a UAV or similar ISR platform. What would you record?

- Last stand of the 44th Foot outside of Jalalabad, Cannae, the British Squares receiving Napolean's cavalry charge at Waterloo, Battle of the Little Big Horn, Rorke's Drift, etc. I think seeing these iconic battles and scenes would be fascinating.
- The Pyramids, Stonehenge, Masca Lines, etc. How were they made?
- Dallas, November 22, 1963. Put that controversy for rest once and for all.
- Marilyn Monroe's death. Who was there that night, if anyone?
- Everest, 1924. Did Mallory reach the summit?

I think it would be fascinating to see some of these events and end some mysteries.

1) Does this UAV have weapons?
2) Can one assume since we have a time traveling UAV we have also cracked the nut on an AERIAL resupply of gas and bombs?

These 2 questions should drive most answers......#allThegbus #unlimitedGas

;-)8-):ROFLMAO::-o

1) Does this UAV have weapons?
2) Can one assume since we have a time traveling UAV we have also cracked the nut on an AERIAL resupply of gas and bombs?

These 2 questions should drive most answers......#allThegbus #unlimitedGas

;-)8-):ROFLMAO::-o

I like how you think, but no and no. I'm looking at it from a pure info gathering/ don't interfere with time point of view. If you want to, this is fantasy mental masturbation, so park all of the MQ-9's overhead required to solve life's problems. Send the 9 line, 10ms delay, SHACK.

Who fired the first shot at Lexington Green.

ETA: for that matter, the entire day - from whoever the source was who tipped off Revere's network, to his ride, to what should have been Wittemore's last stand, to whether or not Pickering actually had orders to let the British pass into Boston... would all be an amazing sequence of events to watch.

The original production method of Damascus steel.

Not sure if I actually want to know this one or let the mystery remain - the actual burial site of Genghis Khan. I'd want to know because it would lead to the resurrection of a heavily repressed history (the Soviets and Chinese have done just about everything they can to erase his name from history), but there's something violated by that revelation.

Kind of want to go back in time to when there was a big circle jerk of dudes, tripping balls off peyote, developing the concept of religion.

Dinosaurs. What the fuck is wrong with you people??!! Don't you want to see dinosaurs??

I saw all the jurrasic parks. I think we're all good on that front.

Kind of want to go back in time to when there was a big circle jerk of dudes, tripping balls off peyote, developing the concept of religion.

I saw all the jurrasic parks. I think we're all good on that front.

You just want to smoke peyote. Imagine smoking peyote and going to see real dinosaurs...not the stupid fake CGI bullshit dinosaurs. Talk about tripping.

Who fired the first shot at Lexington Green.

ETA: for that matter, the entire day - from whoever the source was who tipped off Revere's network, to his ride, to what should have been Wittemore's last stand, to whether or not Pickering actually had orders to let the British pass into Boston... would all be an amazing sequence of events to watch.

The original production method of Damascus steel.

Not sure if I actually want to know this one or let the mystery remain - the actual burial site of Genghis Khan. I'd want to know because it would lead to the resurrection of a heavily repressed history (the Soviets and Chinese have done just about everything they can to erase his name from history), but there's something violated by that revelation.
1569100206425.png
:ROFLMAO:

The amount of effort the current Chinese gov is supposedly putting towards find the tomb of Ghengis Khan is kinda crazy. From what I'm hearing, the Chinese are putting a boatload of money into the archaeology basket as a means of legitimizing their government and future expansion.

Would be tits to be one of the dudes excavating the Khans burial site though! If they find it...

If you want to, this is fantasy mental masturbation, so park all of the MQ-9's overhead required to solve life's problems.

I’ve had RQ-170 marshaling overhead since Thursday and no one is the wiser ...’cept for Ken Burns who became a filmmaker of fiction.

View attachment 29575
:ROFLMAO:

The amount of effort the current Chinese gov is supposedly putting towards find the tomb of Ghengis Khan is kinda crazy. From what I'm hearing, the Chinese are putting a boatload of money into the archaeology basket as a means of legitimizing their government and future expansion.

Would be tits to be one of the dudes excavating the Khans burial site though! If they find it...

Agree with the first, the excavation is where I'd draw the line. Finding the Khan's tomb for the sake of promoting the history of the Mongol Empire would be cool. But given the lengths the empire went to ensure that it went unmolested, I'd honor that and would not excavate.

Just my two cents.

Agree with the first, the excavation is where I'd draw the line. Finding the Khan's tomb for the sake of promoting the history of the Mongol Empire would be cool. But given the lengths the empire went to ensure that it went unmolested, I'd honor that and would not excavate.

Just my two cents.
Disagree on the excavation part. The mongol empire is gone and the Khan was kind of a monster, I hope that he does get dug up and put on display for fat tourists and chicks in tight pants to pose with on the Instagram. Beyond that, the grave goods and analysis on the Khans body could give us a better glimpse of the true history of the past.

I just hope to god that the tomb isn't found by the PRC or while they're still in power, they're notorious for hoarding antiquities and keeping their fossil collections secret.

I think I'd like to see the daily life leading up to the various parts of my family leaving various bits of Europe to come here.

Back