USASOC Sniper Competition

I competed at the Competition, the above list was from a Knights Armament guy recording what teams had for guns there are some discrepancies I would say that list is maybe 80% Correct. Those were not the rankings. There probably would have been more OBRs, But a certain Group was dictated by their CoC to run M110s, as were Rangers.

I did not see any actual M110`s there may have been some but most were OBR`s and or other variants such as what comes from guys like us in .308 or larger. But I have to give props where they are due Mark builds a great stick. There were SR`s present but they are not M110`s by any stretch most of the M11/SR25`s i have come across are in effect re barreled hand built guns. Meaning they are older vintage guns that have been sent back through the standard rebuild after having reached there original barrel life. Updates performed at that time are usually consistent with any other shops recommended changes. We do the same thing on guns coming back from the field for there yearly throat check or updates or re barrel. Recievers go on and on without much wear issues.

Red

Found this list in the internets. Not too sure if this is the complete list of competitors, though.

From the USASOC Sniper Competition weapon list, here is my breakdown analysis:
Total sniper rifles: 64 (of 32 teams)
  • LaRue: 25
    • OBR: 23
    • Predator: 1
    • Unknown new gun: 1
  • KAC SR25: 25
    • M110: 19
    • Mk 11: 6
  • FN & HK: 7
    • Mk 20 SCAR SSR: 4
    • HK417: 3
  • Bolt action rifles: 7
    • M24: 1
    • M40: 1
    • Mk 13: 1
    • AI: 1
    • Blaser: 1
    • JP: 1
    • Unknown bolt action: 1

Actually, KAC SR-25 derivatives are beat LaRue OBRs by 2 (25 vs 23, if not include a Predator and an unknown new gun.)

Julthep this board requires an introduction in the proper forum before posting. Your next post should be in that forum.

Not here, saying sorry, not a "roger that", nothing. Next post, introductions forum. Annnnnnnddddd..... go.

Back