UW - The Only Thing Worth Dying For

Appaloosa123

Unverified
Recently read the book, The Only Thing Worth Dying For. The book speaks to the experiences of ODA 574 during their operations in Afghanistan in 2001. According to the book, ODA 574 entered afghanistan, met up with the Northern Alliance and began an unconventional warfare campaign against the Taliban.

My question is, would an ODA link up with a guerrilla force, and immediately begin combat operations?

I assumed an ODA would begin a training cycle with the guerrilla fighters before beginning combat operations, as the ODA is unaware of how well trained the guerrillas are. I, of course, cannot speak to the veracity of the book but it is extremely interesting.

Recently read the book, The Only Thing Worth Dying For. The book speaks to the experiences of ODA 574 during their operations in Afghanistan in 2001. According to the book, ODA 574 entered afghanistan, met up with the Northern Alliance and began an unconventional warfare campaign against the Taliban.

My question is, would an ODA link up with a guerrilla force, and immediately begin combat operations?

I assumed an ODA would begin a training cycle with the guerrilla fighters before beginning combat operations, as the ODA is unaware of how well trained the guerrillas are. I, of course, cannot speak to the veracity of the book but it is extremely interesting.
It's a true story, so why do you disbelieve it?

It's a true story, so why do you disbelieve it?

I do not disbelieve it, nor did I mean to imply that. I have, in the past, posted information from sources that were deemed not credible by members of this site (I.e. SOFREP) and merely wanted to avoid that once again.

Back