Walking Dead - SPOILERS

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
S P O I L E R S

I was expecting a bit more of a twist and thought it was going to be Maggie. Glenn I was expecting, especially since the actor has been seen doing other things during W.D. filing times.

Abraham was a bit of a surprise, but he did not do much for me as a character so...whatever.

Great episode. Really captured the dichotomy between Rick and Negan. Andrew Lincoln really killed it as an actor alongside JDM. As amazing as premiers always are, their mid season game 3 or 4 weeks in starts to get really stale every year. So I'm going to hold my overall season 7 praise till then.

I will say this, appealing to my Bachelors degree in Music, Bear McCreary always nails the score and that alone kept me hooked regardless of the episode's writing and shooting. He could have really botched it sonically with an insane amount of sounds and textures and he didn't. He kept it simple and distraught and that's how the pros do it. Good stuff.

I am done with this turd fest of a show. The whole thing is getting absolutely absurd beyond comprehension. The show jumped the shark after season one. I tried to give it a chance, but it is more teenage emo angst mixed with just ridiculous stories. Set yourselves free!

I am done with this turd fest of a show. The whole thing is getting absolutely absurd beyond comprehension. The show jumped the shark after season one. I tried to give it a chance, but it is more teenage emo angst mixed with just ridiculous stories. Set yourselves free!

I largely agree with you, but having read the graphic novel and keeping up to date with it, I wanted to hold out for Negan's arrival to see it unfold and they did keep it pretty close to the source material. I'm also hoping the Whisperers make it in the show.

WTF! Having a one episode season of a suicidal last stand, would have made more sense. Rick had so many opportunities to shove that hatchet in Negan's face.

I'll give it a couple episodes to see if they flesh out the story more.

I largely agree with you, but having read the graphic novel and keeping up to date with it, I wanted to hold out for Negan's arrival to see it unfold and they did keep it pretty close to the source material. I'm also hoping the Whisperers make it in the show.
See, that's the problem when you go from one media format to another. It NEVER follows the original canon. Look at the Star Trek or Star Wars universes, the books and the shows/movies are almost never in sync. With the exception of a basic outline, they all go a different direction for whatever reason. The argument could be made that it shouldn't either. In any event, personally I could care less about the graphic novel, mainly because it is almost nothing like the series as far as characters are concerned. I was trying to give it its own due as a stand alone saga. The first season was amazing and I really liked what they did. Once they hit the farm it turned into a regular emo fest with the last 15min of each season being packed with 30min of action/story progression.

I just realized that they are trying to follow the GOT format of fucking with the audience. While successful in the GOT universe, I don't see it as being nearly as successful in TWD.

I just realized that they are trying to follow the GOT format of fucking with the audience. While successful in the GOT universe, I don't see it as being nearly as successful in TWD.

^^^ This is one of the truest statements I've read about TWD. I think they're starting way too late for them to truly adopt the whole "nobody is safe" mantra like GOT has consistently maintained since season 1.

Adaptation aside, Andrew Lincoln has always really given a strong performance and last night was him at his absolute best in regards to selling the feeling of true hopelessness and despair. I can't imagine what depths he had to dig to in order to get that kind of emotion in response to JDM's performance as Negan.

85173016.jpg

So to get back on track with the people who watch the show (the rest of the haters can go back to hating America in another thread).......

If only they kept the tank the governor used against the prison. I suspect they'll need more fire power than the Kingdom will offer to combat Negan.

From this point on, the graphic novel starts edging toward the Civil War series where the three big colonies: Alexandria, Hilltop, and Kingdom all band together and attempt a coup against Negan. Skipping past details that probably won't make it to screen, inevitably, he gets overthrown and the colonies establish a penal system with him as their first max security prisoner. If they went that route, it'd be like season 10 or 11 before we get there.

From this point on, the graphic novel starts edging toward the Civil War series where the three big colonies: Alexandria, Hilltop, and Kingdom all band together and attempt a coup against Negan. Skipping past details that probably won't make it to screen, inevitably, he gets overthrown and the colonies establish a penal system with him as their first max security prisoner. If they went that route, it'd be like season 10 or 11 before we get there.
In the novel, does Rick's character developed the same way he does in the show? It's pretty hard to like him. Maybe that's just me.

In the novel, does Rick's character developed the same way he does in the show? It's pretty hard to like him. Maybe that's just me.

I'd say he remains more of the same from my perspective reading it. The whole "All Out War" part of the comic series, I accidentally named it "Civil War" in a previous comment due to a mix up with the Avengers, is pretty neat. It's basically the fight and retaliation that Maggie insists on at the end of the s7 premier.

It's hard to say how their angle will be for the show so I wouldn't really call this spoiler territory aside from there being a fight, but we all knew that was coming.

I am not at all enjoying the Negan storyline; to the point I'm done watching until all of this is resolved. I'll still keep up via online synopsis, but we are well past dealing with zombies running around the woods. Their lives have now become hopeless and sad.

Somebody let me know when the show becomes 'fun' again.

Back