WASP Knife

sigma

Unverified
Thoughts on this? It retails for almost $400, but I can't justify that kind of purchase. I can't find anything on fail rates either, but at the end of the day I guess it's like an escalator... Even if it doesn't work like it's supposed to, you still have something useful.

neoprene_lg.jpg

This weapon injects a freezing cold ball of compressed gas, approximately the size of a basketball, at 800psi nearly instantly. The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators. The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at sea. When used underwater, the injected gas carries the predator to the surface BEFORE blood is released into the water. Thus giving the diver added protection by diverting other potential predators to the surface.

More info HERE

I was thinking about it from the perspective of a combat knife, but like I said... can't justify that kind of purchase when other knives will do alright. I was more asking for an opinion on the technical aspect of it, I should have clarified. Is something like that even worth the money to begin with? The potential for lethal damage with this thing seems like a dramatic increase over a standard blade.

Cool.
I want to see video evidence of it used on land based animals.

Needs to look more tactical .
If they did a colaberation with Strider it would sell like hotcakes for double the price. :)

After watching the watermelon video I would have to believe that a knife like that is an effective weapon. I can't say I would buy one for that purpose though...:confused:

We got a heads up about this last year along the lines of "don't get stabbed with it, it'll fuck you up." I tend to try to avoid getting stabbed with anything, so I ignored the advice.

Hummmm.......So you stab a guy in the gut....press the button and he craps all over ya? :)

Interesting concept.

Hell, I just spent over $600 for two of the Zero Tolerance "Strider" folders for christmas.

This knife is at the bottom of my list. :D

I just can't seem to get very excited about this knife. I can't really see any good reason for having it, especially given the cost Vs it's usefulness. If you had to face off with a Great White shark, it might do the job; however, I'd prefer a 'bang stick,' in 12 Gauge.

http://www.budsbangsticks.com/

Attachments

• sharktoon007.jpg
    sharktoon007.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 19
Back