Well, that's one way out of an affair...

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...to-get-out-of-affair-with-virginia-woman?lite

The former commander of a Navy submarine -- who was relieved of duty on Friday after only a week on the job -- reportedly tried to fake his own death to get out of an extramarital affair with a Virginia woman.

From the comments section:

I dated this man and was engaged to him back in the beginning of his career and then during college when he lied to me and cheated on me with several people including the women he married. He even tried to hook up with me the weekend before his wedding telling me that they broke up and he missed me. I am smarted than that and didnt fall for it, but the is the kind of man he is.

For fuck's sake. It's gotten to the point where I see an article about a Navy CO being fired and I just shrug and go look at something else. It's almost not even interesting anymore.

He was the SECOND one on that ship to be replaced? Isnt that sort of...unusual?
The destroyer had been deployed under a NATO plan to provide a missile shield for Europe when Armstrong was tapped to serve as the ship's skipper.
He had previously served as the ship's second-in-command and was promoted after a previous commanding officer was relieved of his duties in September after a fishing vessel was mistaken for a target during a gunnery exercise in North Carolina waters.

He was the SECOND one on that ship to be replaced? Isnt that sort of...unusual?
Bound to happen statistically. Navy only has so many ships, right? The supply of Navy COs willing to do stupid shit looks endless.

Just to follow-up on Captain Ward's unfortunate situation....

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/04/panel-honorable-exit-officer-who-faked-death

A former submarine captain who faked his death to end an extramarital affair should be honorably discharged from the Navy, a panel of officers recommended Friday after a daylong hearing in which the officer said he accepted "full and total accountability" for his behavior.

Nicely done, guys. I'll let someone else address trust issues between Officers and Enlisted....

Oooooh I dunno. Being in command of a vessel, he was probably going to lose command somehow anyway.

Back