What do I need to connect this?

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
We're doing a large presentation on Thursday. I went to the venue to do an initial walkthrough, and while the sound system is good, it is built into the walls with this outlet. We have microphones that connect, but what type of connector do I need in order to connect a laptop (via HDMI or earphone jack) to the wall?

microphone outlet.JPG

Wow. Flashbacks to high school A/V days.

I’m not sure you can do what you are seeking using that input. A thought....

Put a felt cover over the mic and test if you can pick up from laptop speaker enough quality sound? MIght end up with feedback though.

Too bad Radio Shack is gone, if it were doable they’d have it. For the hell of it I’ll do a bit of Googling.

We're doing a large presentation on Thursday. I went to the venue to do an initial walkthrough, and while the sound system is good, it is built into the walls with this outlet. We have microphones that connect, but what type of connector do I need in order to connect a laptop (via HDMI or earphone jack) to the wall?

View attachment 24303

An NCO.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Thanks to your assistance, we have a work-around for the microphone issue.

Separate issue but it's related to the same event so I'm going to ask it here instead of starting a new thread. What's the best way to rip a YouTube clip so I can download it to my personal computer for the presentation? Our training event in the afternoon is dependent upon videos to start the discussions and I don't want to take the chance that our sketch Wi-Fi might not work when I need it.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Thanks to your assistance, we have a work-around for the microphone issue.

Separate issue but it's related to the same event so I'm going to ask it here instead of starting a new thread. What's the best way to rip a YouTube clip so I can download it to my personal computer for the presentation? Our training event in the afternoon is dependent upon videos to start the discussions and I don't want to take the chance that our sketch Wi-Fi might not work when I need it.
Do you have YouTube premium?

75145AAF-9940-4CD0-A096-1A47102ABEEA.png

Here you go:
Download and Save Online Web Videos

I use it all the time; it's awesome. Easy to use and no subscription (there is of course an upgraded, premium version but you don't need it).

Our training event in the afternoon is dependent upon videos to start the discussions and I don't want to take the chance that our sketch Wi-Fi might not work when I need it.

Check to make sure of copyright/domain issues with downloaded videos... last thing you need is to break piracy laws, Sir... you could lose your clearance and possibly your job.

Here you go:
Download and Save Online Web Videos

I use it all the time; it's awesome. Easy to use and no subscription (there is of course an upgraded, premium version but you don't need it).

That worked brilliantly, thank you.

Am I about to show a clip from The Sound of Music to an audience of ~200 packed with GOs, field grade officers, senior warrants, and command sergeants major? Yes, yes I am.

Am I about to show a clip from The Sound of Music to an audience of ~200 packed with GOs, field grade officers, senior warrants, and command sergeants major? Yes, yes I am.

The room just got bright. I suddenly understand things I once only wondered about as a young Marine.

Don't worry it's balanced out with a Demi Levato video and the bayonet charge from Band of Brothers.

Back