What Happens to Your Body Within an Hour of Drinking a Coke

I stopped drinking any type of soda pops three weeks ago. I've lost, without any addition of execise, 12 lbs and down two inches in waist size.

That's just three weeks of non soda intake with no increase in type or amount of general exercise.

I stopped drinking any type of soda pops three weeks ago. I've lost, without any addition of execise, 12 lbs and down two inches in waist size.

That's just three weeks of non soda intake with no increase in type or amount of general exercise.

Out of curiosity what was your average daily/weekly intake? And did you have a preference for certain types or did it differ?

Out of curiosity what was your average daily/weekly intake? And did you have a preference for certain types or did it differ?

Geeez.......................Probably around 6-8 Cokes daily. The first week I felt like I was in some sort of withdrawal from the sugar cravings and the obvious body's need/desire for the sugar that it was used too. I replaced the sugar craving with carbs but only small meals 4 times a day. This helped to increase the metabolism without adding additional weight from the replacement of straight out sugar to light carbs.

Amazingly, after three weeks and the loss of 12 lbs my body has now had to regulate the insulin production, in a much more sensible fasion, and I sleep like a baby every night. While drinking the soda's I was a terrible imsoniac and often would go for 24 hours easily without sleep. Not good and it impacted the study time and attention span to class lectures. In my off day's from class I would literally sleep from 8 Am in the morning till 5 pm. Bad cycle to get into.

I'm having liver and kidney fuction tests again next week. I wasn't in a damage level in my creatinine tests, but it had increased slightly from the prior blood tests. I'm expecting a slightly lower creatinine level this time around.

I feel better, I look better, and I now have more energy to step up my cardiovasuclar excersice regimen to lose an additional 12 lbs. Looks like it's working well so far.

Alcohol intake is very limited. Possibly only six beers weekly and that's generally on Saturday's for football games.

My preference was good old red canned Classic Coke. I miss them, but after the results of not drinking them, they just kinda seem like a bad drug.

It doesn't really sounds like a lot at first but then you look back at it after the fact. It's a lot of shit you were putting in your system. I'm glad to hear things are going well and your feeling better. Congrats on the weight loss.

More years ago than I want to admit, I went cold turkey on the pop, actually I went cold turkey on all caffeine, I sure felt a difference. Now I'm to the point where most pops are just too sweet for me.

LL

More years ago than I want to admit, I went cold turkey on the pop, actually I went cold turkey on all caffeine, I sure felt a difference. Now I'm to the point where most pops are just too sweet for me.

LL

I actually did almost the same 2 years ago and I felt a major difference. I substituted my morning coffee with a large cup of green tea and if I would have coffee during the day it was decaf and no pop. That lasted until last summer, around when my back got really bad and then I started on the regular coffee in the morning again. I am fairly firm on the pop still but I'm getting ready to start on the green tea kick for a while.

Back