WHAT SHOULD I DO?

You know you're in a seriously weak state/state of jury(in-jury((in deliberation)) when you are getting advices from a guy named Mephistopheles! Talk to your father and plunge into some dark water and start swimming. A 4am buoy swim works well.

You have yet to ship to BCT but feel justified in making smart assed comments to combat vets.

I would square myself away before one of the PJ's here gets a hold of your ass..

Crip

You know you're in a seriously weak state/state of jury(in-jury((in deliberation)) when you are getting advices from a guy named Mephistopheles! Talk to your father and plunge into some dark water and start swimming. A 4am buoy swim works well.

For those of you playing along at home this is what an EPIC FAIL looks like.

Further responses aren't necessary, back to the original thread.

looking forward to hearing how it goes, J. keep us posted. still hitting it hard? just thought I'd drop in and give some encouragement :)

I am running in the mornings (2 mile) and walking at night (6.5 mile) Mon-Fri and I have been attempting to do cardio every other day, but I have skiped a few here and there. Swimming is a little to rough on my shoulder still so I am just focusing on running/ walking my big ass off now.

I hope that when I get back from Big Bend I will have some more focus. :)

J, don't forget that you've done your share on the two-way-range already, and much of your knowlege could be passed on to the youngsters that could benefit from your experience.

You consistantly show yourself as a STAND UP BROTHER with great concern for your junior NCO's and fellow warriors (as I've read in MANY of your posts, Bro!). Don't think that teaching the youngsters to stay alive is any less honorable an effort than sending your own lead downrange. And it would allow you to finish your 20 (or more!) without further injury, AND make a (perhaps even MORE important) contribution to the effort. You DO seem to have the gift for it...just refer to the Pistol Marksmanship thread for proof of this.
:2c:

Just sayin. :cool:

An attempt at sardonic humor perhaps...

I won't hold it against you. ...if you tell me when the last time was you made a "4am buoy swim" :uhh:

while his comment really pissed me off at first, I keep re-reading it and I THINK what he's attempting to say is, don't waste time worrying to death, just jump in and do it. sometimes the shock and confusion of just going for something overrides the pain and discomfort of actually doing it.

he's still off the mark, but I suspect (and I can't believe I'm playing Devil's Advocate) he was trying to be helpful, if misunderstood, uninformed, and ill-conceived. just my thoughts.

in other yet similar news, was it worth it, Meph? meaning, would you do it all again? I'm doing a little deliberating myself these days.

Okay so the Big Bend trip was an epic fail on my abilities part, I guess my mind was in it but my body is in disagreement.

Reason #1 for the trip was to clear my head and gain some focus in what is important to me. More or less get my priorities straight and get my wondering mind under control. This was accomplished in more ways then one. :)

Reason #2 for the trip was to test my physical abilities and see how my body would stand up to mountain type terrain as well as seeing how I could handle a heavy ruck in this type of terrain. This was a major foolish idea on my part; I busted my confidence level to shit. I pushed to a point where I thought I needed to be at and failed to meet my goals, I also fell about 10 feet down the side of a cliff and jacked my self up a little. :doh:

After busting my ass I set up camp and did the rest of my exploring with a camel back, and finished my trip up. I walked away with the thought that I need to hang the Army hat up and move on. I am not going to be happy in a support unit and have no interest in being a support soldier, I also feel that I would be a liability to anyone I was fighting beside if I tried to stay combat arms or cross over to the SOF side. So I am going to hang it up and figure out what else I may like doing.

I appreciate all the advice that has been given and thank all of you for your input. I hope to be able to buy some of you guys a beer in the future if our paths cross. ;)

You have yet to ship to BCT but feel justified in making smart assed comments to combat vets.

I would square myself away before one of the PJ's here gets a hold of your ass..

Crip

*ahem*

I'm going to respect the Mod and not continue that any further. On this thread.:mad:

J.A.B- no real words of advice my main man. I hope you figure it out and I'll give you whatever help I can.

JAB - Just don't second guess your decisions later. Yes you will miss things and adjusting and finding that thing that will give you the life style that makes you happy can be a hard walk. But realize there are those us us out here that have done that long walk away from the military and all have felt lost from time to time. Just be persistant and keep positive. You can and will succeed if you set your mind to it.

Good Luck Brother! I hope you heal up and get some relief from the pain! I still live with the pain but just use it as a reminder to keep moving forward. Plus it reminds me that I am still alive a kicking!

Back