What's on your wishlist?

This weapon is hawt ! but I will have to wait a couple of promotions to get this.
bushmaster-acr-1.jpg

Since I retired and given my collection, my wife would kill me if I mentioned getting another firearm. So, I'll have to be happy with my HK 91, 93 and H&K Benelli 12 GA for long guns.

Id like to have an LRB M14SA, I dont need it and my wife certainly would give me the evil eye, but Ill probably buy one anyway...just cause I can. Already have a SCAR-L/AUG/FNC/Noveske M4 so Im good on the 5.56 front.

82nd said:
More ammo!
Hollis said:
Couldn't agree more, than add Beer, BBQ, Good Friends, More ammo and more guns, what else could a person ask for?

Best post of any post I've seen on Shadowspear in the last YEAR!
Fuckin-A!
:2c:

Oh, and of course the answer is: More of the above. :cool:;)

Koz-

I just like the 338 Lapua round for sure! Guess I will do more research for the hardware. What would you recommend?

Keep in mind I play now, not in uniform anylonger. But I am interested in quality and accuracy. So lets say you had the money, which round and big bore would you get?

I wasn't talking bad about the 338LM - it's a great round. For anti-personnel 338LM is one of the best at ELR. The 338 Norma Mag is slightly more accurate but I think the components for the LM are more available so I'd stick with it. Barrett's look cool but IMO there's just a lot better out there.

Out of the box accuracy - I think the Sako TRG-42 with the 1-10" twist barrel. My only gripe about the Sako is the magazines and accessories are expensive. But isn't everything?...

Actions: Surgeon is my pick, Lawton are good, I've heard good things about Stiller. The Remington action isn't sturdy enough for the 338 but I'm not sure about their 338 MLR.

Barrels: Krieger and get the custom rifling 1-9.75" twist. The 1.350 outside diameter at the base. As far as contour - is more your choice but something heavy then fluted, the Palma contour is nice.
Shilen is good and I had a friend who just spent a day in Spencer Barrel's shop and had good things to say about them.
Muzzle Brake - Surefire even without the can is a great one. I've also used the Vais and it's nice.

Stocks - Manners or McMillan you can't go wrong. I'd like to try the Tac Mod from Surgeon but $1400 is pretty steep for a stock..
Terry Cross is also coming out with a stock similar to the Tacmod.

Optics - Nightforce are great, S&B are top of the line. Lots of US Optics seems to break....:uhh: Leupold are good but are starting to have some quality problems. I'd go for with the NF.

Originally Posted by 82nd
More ammo! Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollis
Couldn't agree more, than add Beer, BBQ, Good Friends, More ammo and more guns, what else could a person ask for?

Shit, I wasn't brown-nosing. :cool: (c'mon 82 and H!? WTF! Fuck those guys!) ;)

But, that post truely struck deep...<choke>..and touched a sentimental place in my heart. I mean seriously.

Ammo, and the smell of brass and gunpowder in your sweaty hands.
Cold Beer, on a hot summer day, while the BBQ burns a buffalo burger.
Good friends...few and far between...but the few are..well, they are.
Goddamit. Summer of 2009. Fuckin' Sweet. :)
:2c:

I wasn't talking bad about the 338LM - it's a great round. For anti-personnel 338LM is one of the best at ELR. The 338 Norma Mag is slightly more accurate but I think the components for the LM are more available so I'd stick with it. Barrett's look cool but IMO there's just a lot better out there.

Out of the box accuracy - I think the Sako TRG-42 with the 1-10" twist barrel. My only gripe about the Sako is the magazines and accessories are expensive. But isn't everything?...

Actions: Surgeon is my pick, Lawton are good, I've heard good things about Stiller. The Remington action isn't sturdy enough for the 338 but I'm not sure about their 338 MLR.

Barrels: Krieger and get the custom rifling 1-9.75" twist. The 1.350 outside diameter at the base. As far as contour - is more your choice but something heavy then fluted, the Palma contour is nice.
Shilen is good and I had a friend who just spent a day in Spencer Barrel's shop and had good things to say about them.
Muzzle Brake - Surefire even without the can is a great one. I've also used the Vais and it's nice.

Stocks - Manners or McMillan you can't go wrong. I'd like to try the Tac Mod from Surgeon but $1400 is pretty steep for a stock..
Terry Cross is also coming out with a stock similar to the Tacmod.

Optics - Nightforce are great, S&B are top of the line. Lots of US Optics seems to break....:uhh: Leupold are good but are starting to have some quality problems. I'd go for with the NF.

That's the info I was looking for thanks!!!

Aren't you suppose to be boozin' and eatin' and eatin' and boozin', right now? (all with good friends?)

It is Monday Mid-day and I still have a hang-over!!!

I never knew tapping the keys on a keyboard could be so LOUD!!! OUCH!!!

Back