What's on your wishlist?

7point62

I've had serious wood for an FN SCAR 16s for about a year now, and I am no closer to getting one than I was back then. It was featured in the latest AR issue, which has only fueled the fire. If I had one, my life would be complete. (I'd really like the MK 17 CQC in 7.62, but that won't happen unless Ted Nugent becomes president.)

A

arizonaguide

No shit. .45acp. lots of it for cheap. :cool:
And a good tactical pistol instructor (nearby) to use up that ammo with.

And, finally for them to get their head outta their ass and produce one of these in .45acp:
xdm.jpg

And I DON'T give a shit if it's just a "single stack" mag w/9 rounds...
I like the "feel" of the pistol...don't change the ergonomics when .45!

W

WillBrink

I've had serious wood for an FN SCAR 16s for about a year now, and I am no closer to getting one than I was back then. It was featured in the latest AR issue, which has only fueled the fire. If I had one, my life would be complete. (I'd really like the MK 17 CQC in 7.62, but that won't happen unless Ted Nugent becomes president.)

The closest I have come was shooting the heavy and the light at last years CT SWAT Challenge. My limited experience with it left a good impression. Tarzan like....

swatchallengpic-1-1.jpg

08steeda

My Annual Bonus for 2008 couldn't cover this but with what I have stashed away and maybe this years Annual Bonus I can finally get one of these (Minus the scope that will have to come later since I want the NightForce 12 -42 x 56 NXS):

picture.php

7point62

The closest I have come was shooting the heavy and the light at last years CT SWAT Challenge. My limited experience with it left a good impression. Tarzan like....

swatchallengpic-1-1.jpg

You're kicking me when I'm down, bro, and it hurts...:D

TheWookie

Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Verified Military
Oddly enough, and in the very low speed category, I'm looking for a Berretta 92FS or similar to use for comps.

I would also like to get a shotgun someday,,,, nothing turns me like the sound of a shotgun cycling.

08steeda

Oddly enough, and in the very low speed category, I'm looking for a Berretta 92FS or similar to use for comps.

I would also like to get a shotgun someday,,,, nothing turns me like the sound of a shotgun cycling.

I have 2 Beretta 92FS and love them. They are pretty much stock at the moment but I am getting ready to have one accurized much like the Army Marksman Unit (AMU) did to their M-9's.

Because of the DA action, many seem to shy away from them as Comp Guns. But I love mine!!!

What kind of Comp's you looking to do with your 92 when you get one?

Diamondback 2/2

Infantry
Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
MAG PUL Massada and XDm 9mm.. I am guessing roughly $2,600.00 for the bare bones, then another $700.00 it add on's.

I would like to build a 5R in 308, but I am thinking I will wait until next year....

Over the next few months I would like to pick up some old junk Mousers and WW1 & 2 rifles that I rework, something to do besides drink beer and would keep my budget roughly the same. :doh:

koz

Special Forces
Verified SOF
My Annual Bonus for 2008 couldn't cover this but with what I have stashed away and maybe this years Annual Bonus I can finally get one of these (Minus the scope that will have to come later since I want the NightForce 12 -42 x 56 NXS):

picture.php

Despite what the gun magazines say - I'd think along another line for the 338LM - It's built very similar to the M107/82 and not very accurate.

It's been tested by people who will actually use it in real world and they thought it was complete crap.

:2c:

Ajax

WWJCVDD?
Verified SOF

You don't want to use a 92FS for comps, bro. If it was that good of a pistol, the Army Marksmanship Team would use it all the time.

My reasons: it's big and clunky, it stops up alot, and I've broken two of them. I don't mean jammed. I mean broken. If you decide to use it for competition, you're going to want to run with after market parts and magazines, particularly the spring/spring guide and probably a Brigadier slide.

I'm not big into the competition scene, so I would be the wrong person to suggest an alternative, but if I wouldn't trust it in combat, I damn sure wouldn't put money on it in a competition. For the money you're going to put into it, you could do better.

TheWookie

Fortes Fortuna Juvat
Verified Military
I have some old shooting comp videos I should get off VHS and upload....

You don't want to use a 92FS for comps, bro. If it was that good of a pistol, the Army Marksmanship Team would use it all the time.

My reasons: it's big and clunky, it stops up alot, and I've broken two of them. I don't mean jammed. I mean broken. If you decide to use it for competition, you're going to want to run with after market parts and magazines, particularly the spring/spring guide and probably a Brigadier slide.

I'm not big into the competition scene, so I would be the wrong person to suggest an alternative, but if I wouldn't trust it in combat, I damn sure wouldn't put money on it in a competition. For the money you're going to put into it, you could do better.

I hear ya.

But I did a lot of shooting and competing with Berretta's, I'll probably be in the minority here, but I like it. I'm talking a lot of shooting with them. And while I agree that it might not be the best dirty gun, like a Glock or a Sig, it does pretty good within reason. I'm not going to be stalking up from the surf anytime soon.:eek:

I know how to work on them, too, they're easy: and it might get to my hands stock, but it won't finish as a stock gun that's for sure. That's why I'd prefer a used one because I want to strip it down any way.

And, I'm all set up for it, except for the pistola. I have holsters, mag pouches, many 15 round mags, I have spare parts, you name it. So, for me to switch at this point might be too expensive.

I have a .45 Kimber Compact for my carry of choice, but for mashing steel I like a Berretta. Must be the ginny in me.....:doh:

08steeda

Despite what the gun magazines say - I'd think along another line for the 338LM - It's built very similar to the M107/82 and not very accurate.

It's been tested by people who will actually use it in real world and they thought it was complete crap.

:2c:

Koz-

I just like the 338 Lapua round for sure! Guess I will do more research for the hardware. What would you recommend?

Keep in mind I play now, not in uniform anylonger. But I am interested in quality and accuracy. So lets say you had the money, which round and big bore would you get?