What's on your wishlist?

7point62

I've had serious wood for an FN SCAR 16s for about a year now, and I am no closer to getting one than I was back then. It was featured in the latest AR issue, which has only fueled the fire. If I had one, my life would be complete. (I'd really like the MK 17 CQC in 7.62, but that won't happen unless Ted Nugent becomes president.)

No shit. .45acp. lots of it for cheap. :cool:
And a good tactical pistol instructor (nearby) to use up that ammo with.

And, finally for them to get their head outta their ass and produce one of these in .45acp:
xdm.jpg

And I DON'T give a shit if it's just a "single stack" mag w/9 rounds...
I like the "feel" of the pistol...don't change the ergonomics when .45!

I've had serious wood for an FN SCAR 16s for about a year now, and I am no closer to getting one than I was back then. It was featured in the latest AR issue, which has only fueled the fire. If I had one, my life would be complete. (I'd really like the MK 17 CQC in 7.62, but that won't happen unless Ted Nugent becomes president.)

The closest I have come was shooting the heavy and the light at last years CT SWAT Challenge. My limited experience with it left a good impression. Tarzan like....

swatchallengpic-1-1.jpg

My Annual Bonus for 2008 couldn't cover this but with what I have stashed away and maybe this years Annual Bonus I can finally get one of these (Minus the scope that will have to come later since I want the NightForce 12 -42 x 56 NXS):

picture.php

The closest I have come was shooting the heavy and the light at last years CT SWAT Challenge. My limited experience with it left a good impression. Tarzan like....

swatchallengpic-1-1.jpg

You're kicking me when I'm down, bro, and it hurts...:D

Oddly enough, and in the very low speed category, I'm looking for a Berretta 92FS or similar to use for comps.

I would also like to get a shotgun someday,,,, nothing turns me like the sound of a shotgun cycling.

Oddly enough, and in the very low speed category, I'm looking for a Berretta 92FS or similar to use for comps.

I would also like to get a shotgun someday,,,, nothing turns me like the sound of a shotgun cycling.

I have 2 Beretta 92FS and love them. They are pretty much stock at the moment but I am getting ready to have one accurized much like the Army Marksman Unit (AMU) did to their M-9's.

Because of the DA action, many seem to shy away from them as Comp Guns. But I love mine!!!

What kind of Comp's you looking to do with your 92 when you get one?

MAG PUL Massada and XDm 9mm.. I am guessing roughly $2,600.00 for the bare bones, then another $700.00 it add on's.

I would like to build a 5R in 308, but I am thinking I will wait until next year....

Over the next few months I would like to pick up some old junk Mousers and WW1 & 2 rifles that I rework, something to do besides drink beer and would keep my budget roughly the same. :doh:

My Annual Bonus for 2008 couldn't cover this but with what I have stashed away and maybe this years Annual Bonus I can finally get one of these (Minus the scope that will have to come later since I want the NightForce 12 -42 x 56 NXS):

picture.php

Despite what the gun magazines say - I'd think along another line for the 338LM - It's built very similar to the M107/82 and not very accurate.

It's been tested by people who will actually use it in real world and they thought it was complete crap.

:2c:

You don't want to use a 92FS for comps, bro. If it was that good of a pistol, the Army Marksmanship Team would use it all the time.

My reasons: it's big and clunky, it stops up alot, and I've broken two of them. I don't mean jammed. I mean broken. If you decide to use it for competition, you're going to want to run with after market parts and magazines, particularly the spring/spring guide and probably a Brigadier slide.

I'm not big into the competition scene, so I would be the wrong person to suggest an alternative, but if I wouldn't trust it in combat, I damn sure wouldn't put money on it in a competition. For the money you're going to put into it, you could do better.

I have some old shooting comp videos I should get off VHS and upload....

You don't want to use a 92FS for comps, bro. If it was that good of a pistol, the Army Marksmanship Team would use it all the time.

My reasons: it's big and clunky, it stops up alot, and I've broken two of them. I don't mean jammed. I mean broken. If you decide to use it for competition, you're going to want to run with after market parts and magazines, particularly the spring/spring guide and probably a Brigadier slide.

I'm not big into the competition scene, so I would be the wrong person to suggest an alternative, but if I wouldn't trust it in combat, I damn sure wouldn't put money on it in a competition. For the money you're going to put into it, you could do better.

I hear ya.

But I did a lot of shooting and competing with Berretta's, I'll probably be in the minority here, but I like it. I'm talking a lot of shooting with them. And while I agree that it might not be the best dirty gun, like a Glock or a Sig, it does pretty good within reason. I'm not going to be stalking up from the surf anytime soon.:eek:

I know how to work on them, too, they're easy: and it might get to my hands stock, but it won't finish as a stock gun that's for sure. That's why I'd prefer a used one because I want to strip it down any way.

And, I'm all set up for it, except for the pistola. I have holsters, mag pouches, many 15 round mags, I have spare parts, you name it. So, for me to switch at this point might be too expensive.

I have a .45 Kimber Compact for my carry of choice, but for mashing steel I like a Berretta. Must be the ginny in me.....:doh:

Despite what the gun magazines say - I'd think along another line for the 338LM - It's built very similar to the M107/82 and not very accurate.

It's been tested by people who will actually use it in real world and they thought it was complete crap.

:2c:

Koz-

I just like the 338 Lapua round for sure! Guess I will do more research for the hardware. What would you recommend?

Keep in mind I play now, not in uniform anylonger. But I am interested in quality and accuracy. So lets say you had the money, which round and big bore would you get?

Back