White House shooting: Man shoots and kills himself outside fence

Well....that showed 'em. What an idiot......but I am glad he didn't shoot anyone else.

"It said the man approached the White House's fence on Pennsylvania Avenue just before noon local time (17:00GMT) before taking out a handgun and firing several shots."

Man shoots himself outside White House

Maybe he was just making sure the job got done?

If he got there, took out his weapon and then bottled it... Well, he was guaranteed the Secret Service was gonna whack him. What a jackass, imagine the panic he must've caused for people in the WH and the surrounding area.

Maybe he was just making sure the job got done?

If he got there, took out his weapon and then bottled it... Well, he was guaranteed the Secret Service was gonna whack him. What a jackass, imagine the panic he must've caused for people in the WH and the surrounding area.

I'm with @Poccington. What was he doing that it took several shots to kill himself?

He obviously never heard of measure twice cut once.

What I was getting at is why does military service change anything? He has a family. People who care about him, just like every other person out there who commits suicide.

Maybe there isnt anyone on this board who has lost touch of a brother or sister over the years only to find out they have taken their life for one reason or another. I've lost friends to suicide, to include someone who I was their squad leader, by shooting themself to rid their demons. Mental illness, whether it's PTSD, manic depression, or anything in between, is such a debilitating disease that in order to take your own life you have to be in such a dark place.

Back