White T's

I'm not sure about BRC, but I know in Hawaii and Okinawa new Marines are required to wear white T-shirts for the first couple of weeks. Until they have been acclimatized to the weather they have to wear the shirts. I don't see how white T-shirts make a difference but that's the way it was when I was there.

Some mines do the same thing with coloured hard hats. Makes the new people easy to spot and easy to keep an eye on. If you see someone in a green hat doing something stupid it might because they don't know any better and you go and correct them. The T-shirts could be the same sort of thing.

I've seen the white T's being worn off an on for the last 5 years. I don't work on that side of the house (MART/RIP), but I think it is working in a similar fashion to what BUD/S does. Maybe someone from RTLC (Rob) can shed some light on that?

Some mines do the same thing with coloured hard hats. Makes the new people easy to spot and easy to keep an eye on. If you see someone in a green hat doing something stupid it might because they don't know any better and you go and correct them. The T-shirts could be the same sort of thing.

Blaze orange reflective helmets. Visitors and fresh meat could be ID'ed a mile away.

I'm suspect of anyone wearing a new helmet. Which will be me tomorrow, I just had to chuck old faithful out after 2 years solid service. Might have to take the new one out the back and rub some dirt into it...

Back