Who's going to Star Wars this weekend?

I saw the 3D version last night. I think the 3D was a little overrated and did not get used much ( or maybe I did not notice it except for a few scenes and those were pretty awesome) But the movie was good I was really impressed.

Haven't seen 3D done well since Avatar, I'm sick of giving it chances.

Went and saw The Force Awakens yesterday. My FB feed was getting too spoilery, bastards. 1000% better than the last three cartoonish turds.

Saw it, liked it, but now I know there is at least one more on the way.

the big takeaway.... NEVER build a DeathStar, ever.

There's a movie slated for each year until 2020 at the moment. Three will be spin offs with next year being Rogue One (Death Star plans), a planned young Han Solo movie for 2018, and a Boba Fett movie for 2020. Each odd year will be Episodes VIII and IX.

Upcoming Star Wars Movies: List Of Titles And Release Dates

I saw the 3D version last night. I think the 3D was a little overrated and did not get used much ( or maybe I did not notice it except for a few scenes and those were pretty awesome) But the movie was good I was really impressed.

Haven't seen 3D done well since Avatar, I'm sick of giving it chances.

Went and saw The Force Awakens yesterday. My FB feed was getting too spoilery, bastards. 1000% better than the last three cartoonish turds.

The movie was meant for 2D. Seems like it was more of an after thought. 3D just added a bit of depth throughout and maybe one star destroyer scene feeling a bit more 3D than the rest.

Okay - if you liked the 1st three films, avoid at all costs any spoilers. It was wonderful, and as it continued on I kept thinking, this is what I wanted the prequels to be.

Last edited:
Took Not-So-Smallish Child to see it yesterday. This is one of the few movies I'm willing to pay to see again on the big screen.

The following is not a spoiler... With the upcoming movies, I really hope to see more of Captain Phasma. The character has a lot of potential as far as villains go, and I'd hate to see her role limited to one movie, as was the case with Grand Moff Tarkin (HUGE Peter Cushing fan, I must admit). We shall see.

Agreed, but she is a very good actress and it seems a waste of that talent to have her hidden behind that stupid electronic voice.

My son took the whole family to see the new Star Wars last night. Without throwing a spoiler... I will have to say the to date 361 books and novels that have been published... are in a whole different galaxy than the movie.....
Yup, they said from the beginning it was going to be. That way they can do the story line they want, not what is already written and expected.

Back