Winds of war in the Balkans

Stukiwi

Verified Military
Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić warned in a broadcast speech that Kosovo plans to occupy additional territories from Serbia and said that his country would not allow this.
Vucic, who is expected to address the nation in a special speech soon, warned that "Serbia is in the most tense situation it has ever been in regarding the Kosovo issue. The situation for our people in Kosovo is dangerous and complex," said the president, referring to the ethnic Serbs of Kosovo.
Vucic threatened military action and said: "I tell you, if the Kosovars are not interested in keeping the peace, Serbia will win. The regime in Sarajevo is taking advantage of the mood in the world and is playing the card of opposition to Putin."
In the meantime, alarms were sounded in the settlements of northern Serbia, including the city of Mitrovica, which is divided into an area administered by Serbia and an area under the rule of Pristina.
The reason for the alarms is not yet known, but there is a fear of a violent flare-up in the border areas.
Recently, Serbia has escalated its rhetoric against Kosovo, which won its independence after the Balkan wars and military intervention by NATO countries in the 1990s. The Prime Minister of Serbia. Senior officials in the government in Belgrade called for "densification" in Kosovo, referring to the Russian claim that justified the invasion of Ukraine.

The Balkans are the proverbial bad penny, it just keeps showing up, now for over 100 years.
I am hopeful that it will get better within the next few generations. The animosity between Serbs and Croats for example has diminished significantly with Gen Z. I suspect there will always be a sense of distrust and supremacy for people of both countries but at this point a cordial relationship would be plenty for me. As far as Kosovo goes, that's a tough one. I think most of us Serbs know it's a lost cause and has been for a while now but the historic significance and affront to our national pride that it represents is so significant that people will never admit that.

I am hopeful that it will get better within the next few generations. The animosity between Serbs and Croats for example has diminished significantly with Gen Z. I suspect there will always be a sense of distrust and supremacy for people of both countries but at this point a cordial relationship would be plenty for me. As far as Kosovo goes, that's a tough one. I think most of us Serbs know it's a lost cause and has been for a while now but the historic significance and affront to our national pride that it represents is so significant that people will never admit that.
Christian segment in the North should have been allowed to become part of Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Fuck the rubber heads.

Hopefully the dudes in US Forces Kosovo have more than 5 force protection rounds in their magazines..
Was that a thing? Even doing the MFO mission in Sinai, Egypt in 1998 we were rolling with full mags when we were on patrol. And there was close to zero chance of anything popping off that would require a shootout.

I'll go against the grain and say the Serbs are probably the good guys this time.
We should have let the Christian majority province cede from Kosovo and become part of BiH. This crap wouldn't be happening if "W" and the UN hadn't been worthless assholes.

Was that a thing? Even doing the MFO mission in Sinai, Egypt in 1998 we were rolling with full mags when we were on patrol. And there was close to zero chance of anything popping off that would require a shootout.

The perimeter Marine sentries guarding the Marine Barracks in Beirut had empty mag wells...even though the Marines had received intel of a possible impending car bomb attempt. This was risk aversion at its worst. (Not to mention putting two hundred some individuals in one building in a high-threat environment.

On the one time I went to Danang the Marine sentries at 3rd MAF Disbursing had red wooden blocks in their mag wells.

I no nothing of US forces in Kosovo, but there’s no accounting for stupid directives.

Last edited:
Back