World Series Thread

amlove21

Pararescue
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
For no other reason, other than I am a lifelong Cleveland sports fan and now is the first time in my life I can actually admit such a thing- who is watching the world series?!

It's gonna be Cleveland, peaking at the right time and losing a single game on their way to the Series against either the Cubs or LA....

who ya got?

I think at this point, no one wants to see the Tribe in a series. I would love to see the Cubbies and the Indians in the Curse Series. Part of me wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs win, although a much larger part needs the Indians to win.

I grew up on a reservation. One day I was attacked by a mountain lion. I stumbled upon a medicine man and He told me this day would come. I thought he had hit the snake venom too hard but now I know its true:

Cleveland over Chicago 4-2.....:-"

I gotta go with the Cubs in 7. But dammit I like Cleveland too. Tito and Madden both have the magic touch when it comes to inspiring players. I asked my middle son who works for the Yankees who he thinks would win a Cubs/Tribe series. His response: "Who cares?" :-o:wall::wall::rolleyes:

I gotta go with the Cubs in 7. But dammit I like Cleveland too. Tito and Madden both have the magic touch when it comes to inspiring players. I asked my middle son who works for the Yankees who he thinks would win a Cubs/Tribe series. His response: "Who cares?" :-o:wall::wall::rolleyes:

The cubs haven't won the NLDS yet...

The cubs haven't won the NLDS yet...

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Thank you. My god people, if you are any type of sports fan you on at least some level believe in the sports gods and curses. We have made it no further than the Steve Bartman incident. All this talk of "when we get to the series" is killing me. Why I'm stuck being a Vikes and Cubs fan I'll never know.

I'd like to see the Indians and Dodgers...but it's looking like it'll be the Cubs. And as much as I'd like to see the Indians win it all, I don't see it happening.

Still my favorite Indians ball club: ;-)

Good god! How the hell are you a Cubs fan and not a Twins fan?!

Seriously?

Until the Twins organization starts pretending to put a real team on the field and stop the bleeding of consecutive 90+ game losing seasons, they'll not have my support, much less my financial backing.

They went to shit IMMEDIATELY after their new stadium was built- the Pohlads got theirs, and then they gave it to us.

Start by cutting that hack Maurer, he's been a cash waste since we lost Mornoue.

Seriously?

Until the Twins organization starts pretending to put a real team on the field and stop the bleeding of consecutive 90+ game losing seasons, they'll not have my support, much less my financial backing.

They went to shit IMMEDIATELY after their new stadium was built- the Pohlads got theirs, and then they gave it to us.

Start by cutting that hack Maurer, he's been a cash waste since we lost Mornoue.
I hear you on the current team. They've sucked donkey balls for the past 5 years. We dropped our season tickets a few years ago for the reasons you said. But for the rest of the 2000's they were one of the best teams in baseball. They even have a couple championships, even if it's been a little while.

But the Cubs?! They've been shitty forever.:-)

I hear you on the current team. They've sucked donkey balls for the past 5 years. We dropped our season tickets a few years ago for the reasons you said. But for the rest of the 2000's they were one of the best teams in baseball. They even have a couple championships, even if it's been a little while.

But the Cubs?! They've been shitty forever.:-)

I was in bootcamp for the first one in 89'. My Cubs allegiance is due more to the fact that my wife is pulling for them. When the Cubs win...I win. :D

Last edited:
I would love to see the Indians win. With their management, player leadership (Miller, Lindor, and Napoli), as well as the bullpin, I can't see them losing. Not to mention the added bonus of the raising of the banner ceremony (Cleveland Cavaliers) that takes place on game 1 of the world series. I'm sure that both of the Cleveland teams will be pumped for that. No matter which team Cleveland ends up facing, I'm sure it will be an amazing display of some competitive baseball.

I'm predicting Cleveland vs Cubs; the tribe will take it all in 5 or 6 games.

The MLB won't allow Charlie Sheen to throw out the first pitch.

I hope the Cubs sweep with a combined score of 72-3 and then never win another baseball game ever.

Back