World Series Thread

Because there's no game tonight...a few pleasant memories. I was not there, but was watching early in the morning on Okinawa.

This one still gives me chills..."Touch em' all Kirby Puckett!"

Miss you Kirby..."And we'll see you tomorrow night!"

And ballgame...
Best World Series ever and one of the best to play the game. Fact.

With the guarantee that this series will head back to Cleveland, so far I have to say that it's shaping up to live up to the hype and expectations.

I'm still comfortable with my prediction of Cleveland in 7. I admit that before it started I had the guilty thought of believing the Cubs were the slightly better team. So far though, I can't see one team having any specific edge whatsoever, including playing at home. I'm not a huge MLB fan but I've enjoyed the back and forth immensely so far.

Did anybody actually enjoy Bill Murray during the 7th inning stretch? I love the guy. I mean who doesn't? But that was just annoying and bizarre to me even by his occasional bizarre standards.

I do believe the Cubs are the better team, but right now, and for sometime, they haven't been able to hit the broadside of a barn. The Jason Heyward contract has got to be the worst contract signing of all time. $21 million to ride the bench. Theo has a track record of big free agent signings and just about none of them have ever panned out.

I do believe the Cubs are the better team, but right now, and for sometime, they haven't been able to hit the broadside of a barn. The Jason Heyward contract has got to be the worst contract signing of all time. $21 million to ride the bench. Theo has a track record of big free agent signings and just about none of them have ever panned out.
After watching last night in it's entirety, I disagree with you on the Cubs being the best team. Tonight is obviously big, but I like the way the Indians found a way to win last night- gritty, didn't make mistakes, and came up just big enough when they needed to.

What a disappointing series this is turning out to be. While I am pulling for the Cubs, I have no real rooting interest; I was hoping for it to be closer.

Cubs are leaving way too many guys stranded.

After recalculating the figures, Cleveland in 6.

Only 14.8% of teams down 3-1 have come back to win the series. Not very good odds.

Last edited:
Holy crap....Cubs are on the money...3 to 0 in the top of the 1st inning
That missed fly ball into center was just the worst- give up the homer, ok, but w two outs and and a chance to get out without serious damage and you mis play an out?! Come on guys. Need to get the offense in gear asap and get some runs.

Back