World Series Thread

They were pretty good in the mid to late 90's.
The year of the strike and their last trip to the series, yeah. Perennially, they are predicted (mainly by Peter Gammons) to be contenders only to have the wheels fall off right around the All Star break. It's one of my favorite Cleveland traditions.

I wanna say we were something like 2 strikes away in '97- that was a tough one to the expansion Marlins team.

PSA -

Game 2 is one hour earlier tonight. 6pm Central. *

* Trying to beat approaching rain

Agreed. Unless the wheels majorly fall off the Cleveland bus before then, it should be a tight series.

I actually hope it remains tight throughout the series -- especially between these two teams.

It will make their victory even sweeter!

Cubs in 6, otherwise Cleveland wins it.

Can't you ever disagree with me without hitting the Red X? I mean, I'm chuckling as I write this, and it's no biggy, but I get more Red X's from you than anybody else. It makes me think I must've offended you in a previous post.

Because there's no game tonight...a few pleasant memories. I was not there, but was watching early in the morning on Okinawa.

This one still gives me chills..."Touch em' all Kirby Puckett!"

Miss you Kirby..."And we'll see you tomorrow night!"

And ballgame...

Arrieta is a force to be reckoned with. Worth $150 mil.? No, no athlete is and it seems like when players get that money they become worthless, but the guy is a stud. This will be an historic series no doubt, but I just can't for the life of me enjoy the Cubs. I dislike everything about them and the majority of their fan base. It would be like rooting for the Vikings or Bears. Plus I've resigned to staying off of Facebook until it's over, as 3/4ths of my friends are all claiming how they've always been true Cubs fans :rolleyes:.

Cleveland in 7.

Can't you ever disagree with me without hitting the Red X? I mean, I'm chuckling as I write this, and it's no biggy, but I get more Red X's from you than anybody else. It makes me think I must've offended you in a previous post.
No, I am just a disagreeable person.:p

Back