You are only as sharp as your knife

LMAO

Just like the size of the vehicle or the size of the watch or the number of accessories on the rifle? :D

LL

so.. do you think I'm gifted?... :ROFLMAO:

hk-416-022.jpg

101-0189_IMG.jpg

hammer_limousine.jpg

well, as I wondered in my previous post here, where do you place usually your combat knife? The doctrine is often advisable to place it on the left shoulder (for right handed) as in this pic (SOF Colonel) but.. often I found myself really bad. I mean.. I don't use ALICE but MOLLE jacket, the shoulder straps of the backpack bother, when crowling on the ground there is the risk of losing it... suggestions?

res541015_2008_102901401.jpg

I wear my home made bowie (about a 5 inch long, 1.5 inch wide blade) on the small of my back, handle facing my right hand side. I wear it on my pant belt and not on my equipment.

I like that method myself (OK I watched "The Hunted" and was visited by the good idea fairy) but found it gets to be a PITA sitting in a vehicle.
Mike, If you can get a rigger to make a MOLLE sleeve that you can mount behind a pouch that works OK but bulks it out a wee bit. I've done it on fixed pouch vest before as well.

I like that method myself (OK I watched "The Hunted" and was visited by the good idea fairy) but found it gets to be a PITA sitting in a vehicle.

LOL, I started wearing my knife that way when I was about 13 as an Eagle Scout. Of course back then it was cool to have the Rambo survival knife, with the fishing, fire starter and rope saw kit in the hallow handle.:rolleyes: I tend to use a Bowie or Kukri type fixed blade for a field knife (hunting, camping, mil FTX/OPS).

As for riding in trucks, my only real experience with prolonged riding in a vehicle has been on that convoy security deployment. I used a Gerber pocket knife, a Gerber multi tool and a Gerber strap cutter (all issued by Uncle Sugar). Strap cutter and multi tool mounted on my IOTV, pocket knife in the pocket.

The home made job I have now is a piece of shit, steel sucks and won’t keep an edge. I am looking for something to replace it, but have not decided if I want to go “Tacticool or traditional”. I like the looks of that trakker Mike has, but I am thinking it will be a bit too big for me.

well, as I wondered in my previous post here, where do you place usually your combat knife? The doctrine is often advisable to place it on the left shoulder (for right handed) as in this pic (SOF Colonel) but.. often I found myself really bad. I mean.. I don't use ALICE but MOLLE jacket, the shoulder straps of the backpack bother, when crowling on the ground there is the risk of losing it... suggestions?

It is not the size of the knife that counts..is how you use it..right? Ha..ha! :D :p

That looks about right where that knife is for a right-handed person.

That Vegetato Camo is not bad either next to the Ecuadorian!

Eh, WTF? :eek:

No, I was only looking at the Camouflage!!!! Ha..ha! :-"

The Ecuadorian is too mustardy looking for me. Same pattern as the MARPAT.

Good thing I did not say something like...my what a big knife he has...!! Ha..ha! Then I would have put myself in it! Ha..ha! :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Back