Young, dumb, and hoping to fix the latter. INTRO

Medford

Unverified
Hello

First of all, I'd like to thank every one of y'all for the sacrifices you've made for this country.

I am JB, I'm an 18 year old ROTC cadet from South Carolina. I will not lie to you or myself... I don't know jack shit about the Army except for the information I've accumulated over the past 8 months or so. My lack of knowledge and experience is why I've come to this site. I have a lot of questions and, as far as I can tell, this is a great place to learn from knowledgeable, experienced soldiers.

I could tell y'all about how much I aspire to be part of the Army Special Forces someday but those aspirations don't mean jack shit until I progress through my career and put the work in. Right now, all I can do is be a sponge and learn from the experts. I will try to refrain from asking questions that I cannot figure out on my own accord, but sometimes Google isn't trustworthy or relevant.

Thanks for giving me the privilege of speaking with y'all.
-JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

First of all, I'd like to thank every one of y'all for the sacrifices you've made for this country.

I am JB, I'm an 18 year old ROTC cadet from South Carolina. I will not lie to you or myself... I don't know jack shit about the Army except for the information I've accumulated over the past 8 months or so. My lack of knowledge and experience is why I've come to this site. I have a lot of questions and, as far as I can tell, this is a great place to learn from knowledgeable, experienced soldiers.

I could tell y'all about how much I aspire to be part of the Army Special Forces someday but those aspirations don't mean jack shit until I progress through my career and put the work in. Right now, all I can do is be a sponge and learn from the experts. I will try to refrain from asking questions that I cannot figure out on my own accord, but sometimes Google isn't trustworthy or relevant.

Thanks for giving me the privilege of speaking with y'all.
-JB
Glad to have you, good luck with your goals.

Welcome. Considering you self proclaim to know nothing of the Army, why Army SF?
Solid and relevant question, but to keep the “Intro” area from getting off track into discussions, as a Staff we ask that these threads stay relatively Q&A free...plenty of time for that once the OP creates his first thread.

Thanks much.

Back