160th "Terrorizes" Washington Town

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/1...r-helicopters-that-mayor-says-terrorized-her/

Army special operations helicopters on a training exercise buzzed around the small city of Port Angeles, Wash., late Thursday in an episode that the mayor says "terrorized my city."

An Army official apologized Friday for the unannounced training mission.

Dozens of alarmed residents called police to ask what was going on.

"No one had any warning about the helicopters, no one said anything afterward, and today city officials had to spend hours just trying to find out what had happened — who had invaded Port Angeles," said Cherie Kidd, mayor of the Olympic Peninsula city about 60 miles west of Seattle.

The Army said the helicopters involved included both twin-engine Chinooks and Blackhawk attack helicopters.

The training exercise involved part of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, which is based at Fort Campbell, Ky., but has individual units in various locations, said Sgt. Jimmy Norris, an I Corps spokesman at Joint Base Lewis-McChord near Tacoma, Wash. Part of the 160th is based at Lewis-McChord, he said.

"Our watch commander last night reported that we received 'dozens of calls' complaining about low-flying helicopters over the city," Deputy Police Chief Brian Smith said.

"Terrorized?" No, no, no.....unless the sound of a helicopter or dragonfly, or even a lawnmower causes you to piss you pants, you aren't "terrorized." Besides, you don't own your airspace, so suck it.

Very surprising if the DOD didn't coordinate this with local officials. I'd bet money that "someone" in the city knew, but they never briefed the mayor.

I'm with 0699.

More coordination should have been done. And less laziness and complacency on the cities part considering there is NO way they didn't know.

So how do you know a notice went out if you cannot find it?

I should have caveated my statement, but I saw it mentioned on another website. So "supposedly went out" would be correct.

Part of the problem too is there are at least 3 places on the FAA website for NOTAMs, so that makes it a bit difficult to sort out. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter, I was curious if I could find one related to the event, that's all.

Loved this part....

Army Col. H. Charles "Chuck" Hodges Jr., garrison commander at Lewis-McChord, told the newspaper that he had launched an investigation and was meeting with unit commanders at the base.

So the Bn Cdr gets to tell the O-6 to GFY in a nice mannor:-o

or this

The helicopters were "training to work in urban environments," Norris told the AP, adding that the exercise involved landing at the small Port Angeles Coast Guard base. It's located across the city harbor from the downtown business area.

Guess the CG never lands helicopters on their base, and the cops don't use helicopters, and life flight doesn't exist.

Fucking losers, all of them.

Maybe some badass Rangers did some ass-kicking and the terrorized citizens were just sleeping quitely in there bed while rough men were being violent with bad men.

Or maybe it was a lacking ability for a city to answer their fucking phone when the Army called to say "hey bitches we be training in your neck of the woods".

Or maybe it was and alien battle and we missed out on all the action?

Fucking knew I should have broke out the intergalatic death ray... FUCK YOU GLEE!

Dumb. We did some training in North Bend (closer to Seattle) and we've hovered above I-90 in a couple formation holds with a pretty good rotary package and there was no public reaction to blacked out helicopters.

Back