16e5 Early Notification

Not today. 1982. :-):ROFLMAO:

ang1_zps578af501.jpg

But...a bunch of dudes right now:

Air Force staff sergeant promotions reach a 14-year high | AirForceTimes

Last edited:
You deal realize you just dated yourself as prehistoric.:-o:-":wall::D

The old bull and the young bull were standing on the hill looking down at all the heifers. The young bull said, "Let's run down there and bang a heifer." The old bull said, "Let's walk down there and bang 'em all." :D8-)

They wore blues back then? :p

That's right. We were "Blue Suiters" and we were some badass motherfuckers. What's your excuse? :D:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
You want prehistoric: I came on board when 1505's were still in use. We also had a long sleeved dark blue shirt. The shirt, trousers, and neck tie were all the same color. The all dark blue was the best uniform, IMHO.

The 1505s were the khakis, right? Like No Time For Sergeants? :D

The old bull and the young bull were standing on the hill looking down at all the heifers. The young bull said, "Let's run down there and bang a heifer." The old bull said, "Let's walk down there and bang 'em all." :D8-)

That's right. We were "Blue Suiters" and we were some badass motherfuckers. What's your excuse? :D:ROFLMAO:

ang5_zpsc9f3ea05.jpg

One one trip from Plattsburgh AFB, I was traveling in this^^^^^^ uniform. A little kid, maybe 7-8years old actually asked me if I was a bus driver:mad:.

The old bull broke his hip walking down the hill, and the young bull had all the heifers to himself...:-":sneaky:}:-)

Is it not available through the AFPC portal or whatever it is called? (I'm a contractor for the AF so I don't recall the name/ link, I just know airmen have one)

It'll be open today in the next 30 minutes, some units went around and let selectees know in advance. Mine decided to make me wait until today. Just putting the feelers out there to see who made it.

And my apologies for the temporary hijack, Northerner. If you are one of those who got notified, congratulations and well done. If not, best of luck and hopefully promotion is in your near future.

I appreciate the kind words and no worries on the thread, I love this stuff. It's my first cycle so I'm hopeful yet still aware that TIS might shoot me in the foot.

It'll be open today in the next 30 minutes, some units went around and let selectees know in advance. Mine decided to make me wait until today. Just putting the feelers out there to see who made it.

That's right...I recall someone writing elsewhere or talking about it. Great idea if your squadron wants to participate, but a bad idea if your leadership is....."less than engaged."

That's right...I recall someone writing elsewhere or talking about it. Great idea if your squadron wants to participate, but a bad idea if your leadership is....."less than engaged."

Just got the list and the E4 Mafia is still collecting my dues for the next year. As a first time tester, my Shirt said I scored exceptionally well with a 60 having only read the PDG and not use any of the test prep materials. I trust his word as I truly do not know otherwise quite yet. Next year I'll make it. Not one for self pity or pouting so I'm getting back to the book tonight.

I find your out look, and plans for the future, to be outstanding. As you rightly observed, the pity pot is of no use now, or ever. Your observations and choices show a maturity than will serve you well, now and in the future.

Back