1st Commando Regiment - Poland

Three more from the docu photo schoot:

14wdsuw.jpg

68zhtu.jpg

knonm.jpg

Recently the Regiment took part in a joint excersise in Latvia. Other participants (other than the host nation) were American Naval Special Warfare, Norwegian Special Operations and Estonian Commandos.

2wgf21j.jpg

3026ohc.jpg

b7l252.jpg

epqdu9.jpg

I see new helmets and If not the "Umbrella" patch the dude in nomex suit could be mistaken with G-unit operator. I wonder when(If ever) they will switch from Glauberyt to old good MP5?

Another one:

4h4ocz.jpg

The pea shooter issue came up more than once before. Thing is, what is the Regiments main focus? Hostage rescue is GROMs back yard (even if L -boys proved to be more than capable in that element), Naval Special Warfare (VBBS and GOPLAT) is Formozas buisnes. Will there be a change? Hard to tell, mainly because right now there are more pressing issues. As time goes, more and more equipment will be changed/modernaised. But for now their piece of the money cake is as it is. And a coler sub gun looks to be a less of a priority...

Yup, that's why I wrote "If ever", hovewer buying lets say 100 pieces of MP5 is not a big deal these days. But yeah, If they would think it's necessarry to have them, they would bought them already.

Recently, elements the Regiment took part in a training exercise Scorpion XIV. Its purpuse was to verify its readynes to take up rotation as part of TF-50.
It's component will be augmented by elements from Polish Naval Special Warfare unit Formoza.

2qav71j.jpg

skvywg.jpg

28wi0p.jpg

2n1e5nd.jpg

rvhq48.jpg

A few new ones from the Certification. Note that some of the guys are sporting slightly different gucci gear - they are our NSWU Formoza. This will be their second time as part of TF-50.
There are voices that it's kind of a bum deal, but that's Command for 'ya.

bf5p39.jpg

2n1do1w.jpg

16ifct2.jpg

4kznue.jpg

14t5xtz.jpg

116lx8k.jpg

301ngid.jpg

2upr7kw.jpg

sdlnqx.jpg

Recently the Regiment, along with their Afghan partners, executed a raid which resulted in the dismemberment of a powerful terror network. The cell was commanded by Zia Mohammad, aka Mawaz. He, along with four other insurgents, were killed in the firefight. Five others were taken into custody. Mawazs cell was responsible for numerous attacts on Coalition Forces, assassination of Afghan administrative personel as well as terrorising the local populace.

2ufen46.jpg

2v1691i.jpg

w1s1nc.jpg

Back