2014-2015 NHL Thread

BloodStripe

Marine
SOF Support
SSMP
Military Mentor
With opening night just a few days away I figured I would j just make the thread.

Go Hawks! We traded away Nick Leddy today to the Islanders. Sad to see him go,but the salary cap is a bitch.

Daniel Carcillo was also signed today to a league minimum. He's worthless in my book. He's a liability on the ice, regardless of how decent of a player he can be.

Go PENS! It looks like it's going to be Marc Andre Fleury in net with Thomas Griess as the back-up.

Lots of new faces on the Pens roster but it looks like a quality mix. Here's hoping that all four lines are strong this year, especially the third line. http://penguins.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Here's hoping the team can stay healthy throughout 82 games and the playoffs. Too many man-hours lost to injury meant too many revolving doors on all four lines. Beau Bennet, Robert Bortuzzo, Olli Maata, and Evgeni Malkin are all dealing with injuries. Here's the opening night on October 9th against Anaheim!

I'm all black and gold. Go Bruins! We should have a great season this year. Krug is the future. :thumbsup:

With that being said, I met the Blackhawks at my last command and they are a classy organization. I got a photo with Kane and Toews and towered over them both. I definitely root for the Hawks when the B's aren't on.

Last edited:
Though the Wings fled the West because they got tired of losing, Detroit still SUCKS!

:hmm:
11 Stanley Cup victories compared to your Hawks' 5. Maybe you'll know greatness one day. :-)

Gonna be an interesting year for Detroit. Lots of new names and young guys. Hopefully it's not like Michigan football or I'll have to kill myself.

Go Blues! Hope Oshie has a great season, like the swagger he plays with and for a medium build guy at best he'll not back down from a hit. Also appears they kept the core of the group they had last year. I did not understand the late season goalie move last year and now don't have Miller this season. Anyway should be fun season to watch!

Look out boys ... MN Wild about to have the first undefeated season in NHL history...still no goals scored on them!!!

GO PENS! Hope to see a game when I go up to Johnstown to visit my family. cool vid @RackMaster ...Ever seen the old school goalie pics before they wore face masks?.......... jesus, the older generation were some kinda bad asses.

I was hoping the Pens could pick up Brian Gibbons two-way contract off waivers but I think the Pens are already: 1) stacked on forwards at the NHL and AHL level, 2) barely under the salary cap.
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=734663

*Sigh* Gibbons was injured in the pre-season so I think this is a rehab assignment to clear space for one-way contract guys within the CBJ farm system. I'm sure he'll be back at the NHL level soon. Pens better beware of his speed, especially in the power play and penalty kill if they meet the Blue Jackets in the playoffs.

For those of you who forgot the speed of Brian Gibbons: 1) shame on you, 2) watch the vids!

Go Pens!

Went to the X last night and watched the Wild:
- Beat up on the Stars 4-1 (the Dallas goal happened so fast after the Wild goal that most fans didn't know it happened until the score changed)
- Finally score a powerplay goal this season
- Become the only NHL team to be unbeaten at home this season

I read on Pittsburgh's Empty Netter Assists column the Florida Panthers did a broadcast of a game in Spanish. So I did some youtube searching...

Hearing a Spanish broadcaster pronounce "Jussi Jokinen" and GOAAAAAAAAAALLLLL!" is absolutely worth it.

Back