2014-2015 NHL Thread

The Pens have a defenseman named Bortuzzo and a forward named Klinkhammer. How can anyone not like this team!?

@Scubadew so are the ducks man.

Losing to Florida? And Winnipeg? So many line up difficulties between illnesses and injuries. We've won the last few games though so maybe we will pull out of this slump. I'm just looking forward to when Gibson comes back to start in net. Andersen is not consistent and lets in weak goals.

I've been observing a lot of the threads all over this site just learning and I was surprised to see this one. This thread kicks ass!
Go Ducks!

There hasn't been a hotter team then the Wild since mid-January. I saw a ridiculous stat a couple weeks ago that since mid-January the Wild were +47 on goals and the next closest team wasn't over +20.

They dropped the last 3 at home at the end the season but if the goal tending holds and they keep on fire on the road they could go deep this year.

Been a longtime since we had high hopes for pro hockey in Minnesota.

There hasn't been a hotter team then the Wild since mid-January. I saw a ridiculous stat a couple weeks ago that since mid-January the Wild were +47 on goals and the next closest team wasn't over +20.

They dropped the last 3 at home at the end the season but if the goal tending holds and they keep on fire on the road they could go deep this year.

Been a longtime since we had high hopes for pro hockey in Minnesota.

Yeah I dunno if I agree with your first sentence. I don't think they're a cup contender.

Yeah I dunno if I agree with your first sentence. I don't think they're a cup contender.
His first sentence is really not up for debate. Since Dubnyk showed up they have been near unstoppable. With that said, I agree with your second point, they are not a cup contender.

His first sentence is really not up for debate. Since Dubnyk showed up they have been near unstoppable. With that said, I agree with your second point, they are not a cup contender.

Ah I think I'm just having side-effects from hating analytics :p

I don't think they're a cup contender.

I would probably agree with that statement.

Excitement is certainly in the air though and for a state like Minnesota which is so associated with hockey it has certainly been a long time since we had something at the pro level to be excited about.

Making it to the second round and having a good showing in that round would defiantly be a win and keeping the team moving in the right direction. As bad as the first half of the season was, at least they are living up to expectations now.

Yeah I think it's great for you guys. Why did the North Stars leave anyway? I'm not too familiar with it.

Penguins are in, and Pittsburgh is breathing easy for a bit...Thank goodness.

These playoffs are going to be super, especially with 5 Canadian teams in the running.

Back