2016 NHL Stanley Cup Thread

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
Wild have no shot, but I'm streaming anyway. Come on boys!

Weird to see Dallas in what look like North Stars sweaters and not root for them.

Even with the Parise on the ice, the Wild would face an uphill challenge against the Stars. They just don't match up well. But with Parise out and Vaneka and Haula also dinged up, well...we saw what happened last night; golf season is right around the corner.

That would mean they make it to the Stanley cup finals, it would be the furthest they have gone in over 15 years. Last time they won't the president's trophy, they didn't go that far. That would be a fun series to watch, both are high scoring offensive teams.

Col is out and shit in general so I don't care who wins now. Except I hope Chicago gets destroyed.

Guess I will go for the Rangers to win it. Im a baby boomer-anyone remember the days there were only 6 teams. My Dad was best friends with Gary Dornhoffer-played for Philly I believe for a short time. sorry dont know the spelling. My faves were Rocket Richard, Hull and Yvan Cournoyer.And of course Jaques LaPlante.

IMO-too many teams now.

Wild trying to make a series out of this game against Dallas. Stars up two games to zero but Wild have tied game three 2-2 in 2nd period.

The last period in the Stars game last night was just embarrassing.

The last period of the Wild game list night was just frustrating.

A) That was a goal. No question. The second or third time in the series that replay officials f'd the Wild and even had the TV announcers vocally surprised by the call (or no-call)

B) Why the hell do the Wild need to wait til they are down multiple goals before they start playing playoff hockey?

C) Game 1 was an abortion.

D) @Raptor my boy, being a MN sports fan I was thinking about your fanbase. Thinking how crazy they must have been going, getting whupped by an 8th seed and pissing away games that should have long ended the series. That happens to my teams all the time. There would have been near riots in Dallas last night if the Stars had blown that game, and they almost did.

E) I'm not sure about Torch. As an interim coach he did okay, but there has to be a reason no other team has given him a full time gig yet. The only thing going for him is that he got the Wild much further than anyone thought possible, and did it without Parise, whom it turns out may have been hurt much of the past few months and did not let on.

For those of you who may be deployed, or otherwise unable to access these games, send me a PM and I'll share an amazing website with you. No fees, and pretty much any/all sports streamed, including NFL and UFC. Don't want to link it on the open forum, but I've been using it for years and have never had a an issue. (just be sure your popup blocker is working)

Last edited:
The last period of the Wild game list night was just frustrating.

A) That was a goal. No question. The second or third time in the series that replay officials f'd the Wild and even had the TV announcers vocally surprised by the call (or no-call)

B) Why the hell do the Wild need to wait til they are down multiple goals before they start playing playoff hockey?

C) Game 1 was an abortion.

D) @Raptor my boy, being a MN sports fan I was thinking about your fanbase. Thinking how crazy they must have been going, getting whupped by an 8th seed and pissing away games that should have long ended the series. That happens to my teams all the time. There would have been near riots in Dallas last night if the Stars had blown that game, and they almost did.

E) I'm not sure about Torch. As an interim coach he did okay, but there has to be a reason no other team has given him a full time gig yet. The only thing going for him is that he got the Wild much further than anyone thought possible, and did it without Parise, whom it turns out may have been hurt much of the past few months and did not let on.
Yeah, it sucks to have to win on a call like that, but if somebody had reminded Dallas that the game wasn't over, that wouldn't have been an issue. I'm guessing that Niemi will start Game 1 of Round 2 after the show Lehtonen put on.

The Blues-Blackhawks series should never have gone to 3-3. Don't fuck this up any worse than you already have, St. Louis...

Back