2016 NHL Stanley Cup Thread

No, fuck the Hawks! I was rooting for the Panthers (only because I have a Man Crush on Jagr) but that's over now. :(

I will just try and enjoy the rest of the games.

Well hell. Is Chicago going to come back from certain doom and actually win this series in 7 games?

Fuck you Chicago. Nothing gave me more satisfaction than being at a Wild game and hearing the Stadium chant "She. Said. No!" every time Patrick Kane got near the puck.

Hang on Blues!

What to watch tonight? I'm leaning towards Ducks/Preds game 7.

Surprised they have a game 1 starting the same night there is a game 7 playing.

What to watch tonight? I'm leaning towards Ducks/Preds game 7.

Surprised they have a game 1 starting the same night there is a game 7 playing.

Yeah apparently fans and media are more perplexed than the players. Sirius XM 91 Hockey all has audio of players saying they'd rather keep going at steady pace with momentum instead of 4-5 days off. Oh well. So far, Bettman and NHL&Co have managed the schedule alright.

Anyone who beats the Hawks is golden in my books. :thumbsup:

They'll lose 20000 fans over this though, being a mostly fairweather fanbase.

The Blues sure are acting mighty since beating the Hawks. From playing Chelsea Dagger on the organ during the hand shake line to last night's comments from H'cock talking about how much better of a team the Stars are than the Hawks. Here's a fun fact though; since 2011/2012 season, the Blues and Coach HitchCOCK are 14 and 21. Meanwhile the Blackhawks and Coach Q are 48-30. Suck on that bitch blues fans.

Let's go Stars! Sweep the blues.

Anyone who beats the Hawks is golden in my books. :thumbsup:

They'll lose 20000 fans over this though, being a mostly fairweather fanbase.

I would agree with you had this been in regards to the Hawks of the 90's, but three teams in Chicago consistently have a good crowd nowadays, the Cubs (Go White Sox!), the Bulls (league leaders in attendance for the greater part of a decade), and then the Hawks. Growing up we used to get tickets for free by just showing up to Chicago Stadium and then the UC. Nowadays, good luck getting tickets at face value.

Stars/Blues in OT. Being Minnesotan, I cannot bring myself to pull for Dallas, go Blues!

Yeah but six (well, five) years of outstanding play will do that.

Going on 9 years next season, but a big part of that was the owner. Bill Wirtz thought if he didn't allow his product to be on television more fans would come to the arena. Well as you can guess, that was a fucking horrendous decision. Then when the Hawks were not bringing in but 12k fans a night, he then had to have a shitty roster because like all NHL teams, they don't turn a profit, especially when low ticket sales spur away advertisers.

Back