2018 Winter Olympics Thread

Last night was ice dancing. My wife ("Mrs Weasley") likes the ice dancing. I watched for 20 min then decided to take the bottle of Jack Daniels out to the garage and sit at my workbench and do some sippin' ... straight up, no ice. X-D8-)

^ Good call.

While I love the Winter Olympics, I can do with figure skating/ice dancing and shuffleboar....I mean curling. These first couple days have been a slow to start but things will pick up considerably once the alpine events get rolling.

I've actually grown to like curling now that I've learned more about the game, the strategy and the Scottish women's curling team.

I love ski jumping and downhill; been watching the world cup events for some weeks. Hockey I love. And cross-country skiing because I know how grueling it is. I also dig biathlon but think they should ramp up to 7.62 NATO and 500 yards, lol.

The best thing about the Winter Olympics is that crowd of absolutely mental cheerleaders that the North Koreans brought with them.

Who knew the fear of execution could result in such efficient routines?

The best thing about the Winter Olympics is that crowd of absolutely mental cheerleaders that the North Koreans brought with them.

Who knew the fear of execution could result in such efficient routines?

Brit Hume expresses how I feel about some of the media North Korea"fan boy" coverage of these Olympics.
brithumeun.jpg

I enjoyed watching the women's biathlon with my two month old nephew yesterday.

Sometimes I do think they should up the cal to .308 though :D

Never saw this coming, but it sure makes sense.

US unexpectedly replaces entire Olympic Skating Team with Marine lance corporals

PYEONGCHANG, South Korea — Just days after the Winter Olympics kicked off, the United States has unexpectedly replaced its entire Skating Team with Marine lance corporals, sources confirmed today.

It’s just the latest move by Washington to show support and appreciation for U.S. troops, officials say. Although many questioned the abilities of the all-Marine team, their superiors and peers alike all described their skating abilities as “prolific.”

Watching snowboarding slope style earlier and one of the Americans, Kyle Mack, had his waistline of his pants below his ass. Disrespectful to all of us.
You’re all over the place. One post you’re pumped about Olympian’s butts, the next you’re lamenting the same thing? Make up your mind! Are you an ass man or not?!? 8-)

You’re all over the place. One post you’re pumped about Olympian’s butts, the next you’re lamenting the same thing? Make up your mind! Are you an ass man or not?!? 8-)

In fairness ( as Jerry Springer would say), the Marine was specifically referring to 'female' Olympians in post #28. While I don't share his bacchanalian enthusiasm for toned glutei (I prefer some maximus jiggly for my squiggly), his point was clear...

In fairness ( as Jerry Springer would say), the Marine was specifically referring to 'female' Olympians in post #28. While I don't share his bacchanalian enthusiasm for toned glutei (I prefer some maximus jiggly for my squiggly), his point was clear...
I was just trying to get to the bottom of the matter my friend. :ROFLMAO:

Back