Not Work Safe .

Does the one of the left saying Valor seem a little off on the type space after "For" I have never seen a certificate for an ARCOM with V, so can't say with any expertise. She does not pop up on the Military Medals Database: Find Recipients of U.S. Honors but I know that database isn't all inclusive.

To clarify, are you saying you've never seen an ARCOM with a V, or a certificate of an ARCOM with a V?

To clarify, are you saying you've never seen an ARCOM with a V, or a certificate of an ARCOM with a V?
He's saying that the certificate looks off. It was probably a print error. Easy way to find out is to ask her for a redacted 214 that blocks out her name and social to show those awards there or a FOIA request if this was being taken seriously.

For the record, I have the ARCOM one with V and ones without the V and they all look dress right dress. This may have been an error that could not be replaced or fixed in theatre with limited resources is my guestimation, but admins are super duper anal in S-1 about not letting mistakes pass that makes us all want to see red with them at times.

I've seen Vietnam era AAM's from combat that made me ashamed of what I have and what for.

When my father was S2 with 1/12 (USMC arty battalion) he got a Navy com with V for defending a perimeter during an attack from the VC/NVA which threatened to overrun the compound, then led a subsequent patrol which killed some VC. Word was he was downgraded from a BS but I never could confirm that. I still have the citation around somewhere.

When my father was S2 with 1/12 (USMC arty battalion) he got a Navy com with V for defending a perimeter during an attack from the VC/NVA which threatened to overrun the compound, then led a subsequent patrol which killed some VC. Word was he was downgraded from a BS but I never could confirm that. I still have the citation around somewhere.

If he was downgraded from a BS he probably earned a BS/V. The Corps was adept at downgrading awards...in other words, "stingy".

Back