Not Work Safe .

Are you completely out or at least keeping an eye on the Vikes this season?

I'll take shit for this, but whatever. I don't follow it unless it pops up in a feed somewhere. I know the Vikings are doing well, but that's about all.

I'd grown increasingly frustrated with the NFL's pandering and exploitation of its fans and players; yes, businesses do this and the NFL is hardly unique. I'd watched "pay for patriotism" happen, the "Susan G. Koman fleecing of emotions while shitting on players" happen, ignoring CTE and player health ad nauseum go on, and then 2020 happened.

This business where a majority of its employees (players) are black, decided to suddenly "listen" to the black community. Without BLM the NFL would give zero, and I do mean zero, shits about black anyone. Suddenly, George Floyd can't breath, people are in the streets, and the NFL decides "Hey, we like black people!"

I checked out. They hypocrisy and bullshit became too much for me to stomach. Sure, it goes on everywhere and I get that, but we've had the discussion about voting with one's wallet. We can't boycott everything, so we have to pick and choose, and I choose the NFL. While I mock the NFL, I have real contempt for the fans who are dumb enough to buy into the NFL's bullshit of "caring." The NFL doesn't care, it is doing what it must (as are many businesses) to pander to the social cause du jour.

In 3, 4, 5 years black people will be forgotten about and the NFL will find another group to kiss ass. The XFL is returning, Formula 1 is back in about 3 months, and the NFL will be just fine without my Nielsen rating.

I did see that Tom Brady isn't banging the super model he left the model/actress for so...I feel bad for him? Yeah, nah. Fuck that league.

I live in new York. It is a business decision. Few things surprise me about NY politics, but I was one of the people who was shocked when my governor told people like me to leave her state for the simple act of holding different political views. It was like she was saying the quiet part out loud. To wit:

“And we are here to say that the era of Trump, and Zeldin and Molinaro, just jump on a bus and head down to Florida where you belong, ok? Get out of town. Because you do not represent our values. You are not New Yorkers.”

Yes, I know she tired to walk it back and say she meant only the three she named. That's not how it was interpreted by many Republican people who live in New York (I was going to say "Republican New Yorkers," but apparently I'm not allowed to be one). Nor, do I believe, did she mean at the time just those three people. Even if she did, then the problem remains that people that the governor of New York disagrees with politically are "not New Yorkers." It's the "no true Scotsman" fallacy applied against an entire subset of her constiuents.

I’m not shocked that there were consequences for her harsh words. People have being fleeing the governor's state (because apparently it's not "my" state) in droves. Between the rhetoric from the Left, ridiculous laws like the new and highly un-Constitutional, sure-to-be-overturned gun laws, high taxes, and the skyrocketing crime, it's no wonder people are leaving.

The problem has gotten so bad that "New York State saw the greatest population decline of any state in the last year according to the most recent U.S. Census data." That's even in a illegal-immigration-friendly state like NY.

Gov. Hochul is now asking people to stay in NY. But I won't be one of them. As soon as it's advantageous to me, I'll be leaving as well.

Wow, the creator of that meme doesn't understand airplanes.
I am dissapoint.

sad rabbit GIF by YUKIJI

I live in new York. It is a business decision. Few things surprise me about NY politics, but I was one of the people who was shocked when my governor told people like me to leave her state for the simple act of holding different political views. It was like she was saying the quiet part out loud. To wit:

Yes, I know she tired to walk it back and say she meant only the three she named. That's not how it was interpreted by many Republican people who live in New York (I was going to say "Republican New Yorkers," but apparently I'm not allowed to be one). Nor, do I believe, did she mean at the time just those three people. Even if she did, then the problem remains that people that the governor of New York disagrees with politically are "not New Yorkers." It's the "no true Scotsman" fallacy applied against an entire subset of her constiuents.

I’m not shocked that there were consequences for her harsh words. People have being fleeing the governor's state (because apparently it's not "my" state) in droves. Between the rhetoric from the Left, ridiculous laws like the new and highly un-Constitutional, sure-to-be-overturned gun laws, high taxes, and the skyrocketing crime, it's no wonder people are leaving.

The problem has gotten so bad that "New York State saw the greatest population decline of any state in the last year according to the most recent U.S. Census data." That's even in a illegal-immigration-friendly state like NY.

Gov. Hochul is now asking people to stay in NY. But I won't be one of them. As soon as it's advantageous to me, I'll be leaving as well.
Come on down to the dirty south Sir, love to have you in Missouri!

Gov. Hochul is now asking people t
Her predecessor did/said them same after a tax increase was passed, then bitched when a bunch of millionaires left.

We don't like you, but we like your money.

20230107_112030.jpg

I hope I "make it throu world War 2" as well Caden.

This might be the best "letter to vets" we saved at the unit.

Other ones I saw but couldn't find to take a picture of once I thought about it included wishes that we "shoot better than bad guys" and "deserve to be married and happy"

Back