A&S in January (Any suggestions)

ISO

Unverified
As the title says , I will be attending A&S somewhat soon. I am in very good condition (or at least I think). I can run a 300 CFT and a high 290 PFT and I have been preparing. I will have to attended the new mando 3 week course before i attend but i think i am ready. Just wanted to know if their is anyone out there that could give me any advice besides the usual "You need to be able to ruck and don't let the pool surprise you"? I am not from a combat MOS actually I am as far back as they come being the highest echelon on repair there is in the Corps, but anyway just looking for advice.

Don't quit, no matter how bad it gets smile and keep going, and check any attitude or ego at the door. As said above know how to take care of your feet. Don't be one of the guys that shows up with a brand new pair of issued Marine Corps boots and socks. The issued boots suck and the issued socks suck even worse. There are plenty of threads on here that talk about both and how to take care of and condition your feet. Last thing its a January class so it will be cold as hell plan accordingly. Good luck.

Like everyone said make sure you can ruck, take care of your feet, and be a good team player...and remember it only gets harder. A&S is the easiest thing you will do. Good Luck man

I am not from a combat MOS actually I am as far back as they come being the highest echelon on repair there is in the Corps, but anyway just looking for advice.
Just curious, what did you do before?

you'll be fine brother, keep your head up and take it day by day. i recommend rocky boots with some some wool socks because when they get wet it will still keep your feel semi warm.

Just curious, what did you do before?
Actually that was a typo "I am not from a combat MOS actually(,) I am as far back as they come being the highest echelon on(remove on and add of) repair there is in the Corps, but anyway just looking for advice.

I just don't like reading improper english.
I am a 2871 ( Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment Tech) we basically fix all the other Mech's/Tech's tool and often there gear when they can not.

You are correct it has changed. Regardless I don't have a problem in the water. It just usually takes so long just to get done with 4, by the time they get to one they are always like come back tomorrow. So now I view swim qual as my one day a year check box.

According to propaganda sources, the water is the big killer at first but they also had guys showing up who couldn't run a 1st class pft.

ISO said that he was not from a combat MOS, so I was just wondering about everyone else that is going to be attending A&S soon.
Are you all 03XX?
Non combat MOS with a few deployments?

I'm getting bored of the Short Card. Any recommendations from other folks? I was thinking maybe just pop in one of those P90x full body workouts.

If you are bored with the short card try Sealfit.com it's like crossfit before harded. That's what i use before I went A&S in April.

Back