A&S in January (Any suggestions)

Have you guys seen this new workout? I heard it is like an intense combination of P90X, Crossfit, and SEAL-Fit.

and to think we wore those darn UDT shorts, jungle boots, cammie blouses and bonnie covers with no shame... :-)

As the title says , I will be attending A&S somewhat soon. I am in very good condition (or at least I think). I can run a 300 CFT and a high 290 PFT and I have been preparing. I will have to attended the new mando 3 week course before i attend but i think i am ready. Just wanted to know if their is anyone out there that could give me any advice besides the usual "You need to be able to ruck and don't let the pool surprise you"? I am not from a combat MOS actually I am as far back as they come being the highest echelon on repair there is in the Corps, but anyway just looking for advice.

Be mentally AND physically fit.
Never quit.... ever.
Show up with a good attitude and maintain it.
Enjoy every second of it... time is fleeting.

Well it just so happens that I am on per diem all week. But if you want to eat crackers and shit thats cool.

I made it to the end of A&S, but I was not selected. Shitty.

I guess it's time to see the career planner. 0321 is looking mighty enticing.

Congratulations on finishing. How many were in your class and how many were selected? What was your overall impression? Do you feel that you were prepared enough before you went?

I'm not sure how many were selected. My overall impression with the course was that it was completely bananas awesome. It was definitely the most awesome thing I've done in my career thus far. The tip of the iceberg for SOCOM was definitely awe inspiring.

I do feel I was plenty prepared before I went--so far as I can gather, I just made a couple of mistakes. I think I could have benefited from having a more extensive career prior to going. Otherwise, I listened to the recruiters on prep and did enough work on my side to perform well physically.

I was told I am allowed to talk about ASPOC in detail, and how it effected my performance. ASPOC was great. I learned a lot. The PME classes they had there and the PT was definitely beneficial to success at A&S.

I've never heard anybody call a SOF selection course awesome.

"RIP was so FABULOUS! I had a blast! We went camping, the instructors taught us so many cool things and told us great camp fire stories. We did nature walks and even enjoyed some nice time in the lake for some refreshing swims! The cadre were just so super nice to me and made sure to answer all the questions I had about being a Ranger. And the other students with me were so nice! Everybody was squared away and made my time there bearable. Certain less squared away individuals NEVER got all of us in trouble, never ever!"

Ok, I am on the same boat you are, but I guess you already went through A&S. Besides what everyone else is telling you here, make sure that you know your land nav, it will kick you in the ass. Know it back and forth. That's all I have to add.

Ok, I am on the same boat you are, but I guess you already went through A&S. Besides what everyone else is telling you here, make sure that you know your land nav, it will kick you in the ass. Know it back and forth. That's all I have to add.

Post an intro please

Back