AD Marine seeking SOF Mentorship

kiaseli

Unverified
I am an Active Duty Marine stationed in Okinawa, I am 21 years old and I am seeking a mentor from someone in Special Operations community who can more or less, guide me in the right direction when it comes to my mindset and training. I have been doing research for ages to make sure this is truly the career path I want to take. Training wise I have an idea of what I need to do but chronic injury has more or less ruined my mindset when it comes to prep for my A&S class. I would be extremely grateful from anyone willing to share knowledge with me.

I am an Active Duty Marine stationed in Okinawa, I am 21 years old and I am seeking a mentor from someone in Special Operations community who can more or less, guide me in the right direction when it comes to my mindset and training. I have been doing research for ages to make sure this is truly the career path I want to take. Training wise I have an idea of what I need to do but chronic injury has more or less ruined my mindset when it comes to prep for my A&S class. I would be extremely grateful from anyone willing to share knowledge with me.
Where have you looked? Have you checked out Ones Ready? I'm one of the founders and requests like yours are why we exist.

What do you do in the Marines now? Have you also considered recon?

What do you do in the Marines now? Have you also considered recon?
I am a 2841, radio and ground transmissions maintenance. I considered SOCS-C but I have not really thought about recon. I'd rather go to A&S and not get selected than extend my already long contract and go back into this MOS. I guess I'm just really jaded of what the comm community looks like because of my unit. I'm an NCO with barely any time in the field and no deployments, even if it just meant time on ship I'd be more than happy. A big reason for me wanted to go to MARSOC is I feel very unfulfilled with my enlistment. I'm going to pick up Sgt in my MOS with just a PFT and a CFT in the system and once that happens I'm never going to touch gear or do shitty work with my marines. I'm not sure if this is a really shitty mindset to have about this.

I am a 2841, radio and ground transmissions maintenance. I considered SOCS-C but I have not really thought about recon. I'd rather go to A&S and not get selected than extend my already long contract and go back into this MOS. I guess I'm just really jaded of what the comm community looks like because of my unit. I'm an NCO with barely any time in the field and no deployments, even if it just meant time on ship I'd be more than happy. A big reason for me wanted to go to MARSOC is I feel very unfulfilled with my enlistment. I'm going to pick up Sgt in my MOS with just a PFT and a CFT in the system and once that happens I'm never going to touch gear or do shitty work with my marines. I'm not sure if this is a really shitty mindset to have about this.
Are you at 7th comm? I mention recon because you have 3d Recon on island with you always looking for hard chargers. Maybe you could PCA there

Are you at 7th comm? I mention recon because you have 3d Recon on island with you always looking for hard chargers. Maybe you could PCA there
My monitor is a cock but I'll try to, I really want to get my feet wet in a unit that actually trains/deploys. Also I'm at HQBN, Comm Company.

Division HQBN? See if you can take a recon screener. It’s easier to move within the division if you are already there. The SgtMaj could do it if he wanted to
Last screener was January of last year. Been hopeful one would come up :(

Back