AFSOC Leveraging Lessons from Navy for AC-130J Laser

They're going to start having to force live rounds on JTACs. Everybody is going to want to get LASER controls. Hahaha. Wonder if this will be added to currency. "Yeah Chief, I just need my LASER and I'm green."

They're going to start having to force live rounds on JTACs. Everybody is going to want to get LASER controls. Hahaha. Wonder if this will be added to currency. "Yeah Chief, I just need my LASER and I'm green."
Part of me wonders if they envision a Vietnam scenario where they go hunting for targets vice CAS?

ONR is developing a humvee-mounted AA one for the Marine Corps. If you can put it on a truck you can put it on a Herky.

Ground-Based Air Defense (GBAD) Directed Energy On-the-Move Fact Sheet - Office of Naval Research

If it is like their uniforms they'll etch an EGA into a part and then charge a licensing fee to the other services for its use. That will cause the Army to develop a laser capable of entertaining thousands of cats simultaneously without scorching the paint on an airplane. A decade and 4 gazillion dollars later the Army will field a superior system while the Marines smugly remind everyone they fielded theirs first. The Navy and Air Force will laugh at the Army while secretly developing their own failed programs.

Meanwhile, our adversaries who posses ZERO aircraft will control the better part of two continents.

Are they finally building my Intergalactic death ray? It's about damn time, as the future ground commander of operation mars freedom, I cannot have my troops killing Martians with 150 year old technology. Next will be the death star hand grenades and will be all set...

Are they finally building my Intergalactic death ray? It's about damn time, as the future ground commander of operation mars freedom, I cannot have my troops killing Martians with 150 year old technology. Next will be the death star hand grenades and will be all set...

Rico's Roughnecks agree. Would you like to know more?

Back