AFSOC SIGINT?

Peacemaker01

Verified Military
Question more of curiosity (definitely not need to know): does AFSOC have billets like the SOT-As, TIOs, and SOCSs? I’ve never heard of such, and don’t exactly see how they would function, but deduction says possible.

Thank you.

Thank you for quick reply. I was a 1N3 before finding my way to a SOT-A in the NG. My question is if there is tactical SIGINT type positions like ones I previously mentioned. If so, is there open source on this? I’ve searched the webs a bit with little return. I found the 25 IS page that speaks of DSOs and TSOs.

Sort of but not really. They don’t do ground ops like SOT-As but still support SOF ops using same kit we do.

For what it’s worth, it’s very comforting talking to them during a TIC or getting close to obj cuz they know our needs and speak our lingo.

Sort of but not really. They don’t do ground ops like SOT-As but still support SOF ops using same kit we do.

For what it’s worth, it’s very comforting talking to them during a TIC or getting close to obj cuz they know our needs and speak our lingo.

Thanks. I presumed such. This might be digging into the weeds, but why do you think that is? I do see why SOT-As are what they are as far as the SF mission goes, but if there are SOCSs and TIOs (of which I have very little first hand with), seems there could be a place for this. Is it because the primary missions of AFSOC are all support-like I nature (ATC, fire support, C3, CSAR, SR, PR, etc.) and or many of their roles is in attachment to more DA-centric teams as opposed to operating in their own independent roles, or other?

Thanks. I presumed such. This might be digging into the weeds, but why do you think that is? I do see why SOT-As are what they are as far as the SF mission goes, but if there are SOCSs and TIOs (of which I have very little first hand with), seems there could be a place for this. Is it because the primary missions of AFSOC are all support-like I nature (ATC, fire support, C3, CSAR, SR, PR, etc.) and or many of their roles is in attachment to more DA-centric teams as opposed to operating in their own independent roles, or other?

The TSO’s world is the tech whereas ours should be merging of Lang & tech and I think it is mission driven. The AC-130s and MC-130s have lings but the MC-12s and U-28s don’t.

I would assume they’re more flexible and cheaper to field than we are with our Lang acquisition and maintenance requirements. However, TSOs can tell the ODA distance and direction of a threat whereas we can also enemy intent (even with terp help).

The TSO’s world is the tech whereas ours should be merging of Lang & tech and I think it is mission driven. The AC-130s and MC-130s have lings but the MC-12s and U-28s don’t.

I would assume they’re more flexible and cheaper to field than we are with our Lang acquisition and maintenance requirements. However, TSOs can tell the ODA distance and direction of a threat whereas we can also enemy intent (even with terp help).
Got it. Thanks again.

Back