AI AX Stocks

Arrow 4

Civil Affairs
Verified SOF
Anyone have any experience with the AI AX stocks? I have been wanting a modular stock for my 700 LTR for a while and now that I have a PVS-22 it's a must.

Thanks

I just ordered an AICS 2.0 for a custom 700 build I have coming. I look forward to seeing what you have, and how you like it.

One of our guys has AICS on his Remmy 700. It works great for him. Little bastard has 10round mags to my 5 rounders in my AIAE.... Early one so I have no choice.

Will have too look into them at SHOT next month.

Sorry I have not posted an up-date earlier on this. I am super happy with this stock. It was very easy to install and is reasonable weight for what it offers. Plenty of rail space for my PVS-22, SureFire V-series weapon light, bipod, etc. the key hole design is nice for quickly moving rail sections. The folding stock makes cleaning a breeze. One note, while at SHOT show I noticed that AI has an up-dated version of the AX stock coming out next month? The Butt stock has been changed to that of the AI PRS style stock which is easier to make adjustments on for LOP and cheek riser. Unfortunately the butt stocks are not interchangeable so if you already have an AX stock you cannot up-grade it.

Sorry I have not posted an up-date earlier on this. I am super happy with this stock. It was very easy to install and is reasonable weight for what it offers. Plenty of rail space for my PVS-22, SureFire V-series weapon light, bipod, etc. the key hole design is nice for quickly moving rail sections. The folding stock makes cleaning a breeze. One note, while at SHOT show I noticed that AI has an up-dated version of the AX stock coming out next month? The Butt stock has been changed to that of the AI PRS style stock which is easier to make adjustments on for LOP and cheek riser. Unfortunately the butt stocks are not interchangeable so if you already have an AX stock you cannot up-grade it.

Any photos?

Okay, so I don't get any more shit here are a couple of pictures...obviously the stock still needs a camo job.

Nice. Have you shot with it yet? I'm curious if you notice any performance/accuracy changes with the new stock.

I had to change the scope rings to Extra High to work better with the PVS-22 so I don't know if there was any shift. I did a demo with the PVS-22 for a SWAT Team Thursday night and shoots like a dream...pretty much zero recoil with the SureFire suppressor.

At first I thought this was going to be STOCK Market tips....HA!

300 WINMAG....dark earth...AICS 2.0...my PRECIOUS.......:D

at 1K, have to decide muzzle break/suppressor for 300 blackout, or this...OR BOTH!!!!

I'm gonna knock out that honey doo list extra fast now...O_o:blkeye:

I was out in the hill country of central Texas last week. I had a chance to shoot this rifle out to 1,000 yards and was banging a LaRue 11.5" wide steel target with ease. Not being a long range guy I have to say that was freaking fun!

Last edited:
I was out in the hill country of central Texas last week. I had a chance to shoot this rifle out to 1,000 yards and was banging a LaRue 11.5" wide steel target with ease. Not being a long range I have to say that was freaking fun!

Did you notice an improvement in accuracy with the new chassis?

Hey Pardus, I can't swear that there was improved accuracy but it darn sure shot nice! It was the first time I had shot long distance with the stock and I felt like I couldn't miss.

SOWT - Sorry no time for visits or fun, we were putting in up to 17 hour days, I left Friday at 0500hrs and drove straight through from San Saba to Arizona. I have to say, I freaking love Texas it's what the rest of America should be!

Have a Rem 700 LA .308 w/ Leupold Mk4 on top and have installed it into a AI chassis. I haven't noticed any change in accuracy on initial or slow fire shots but the added weight has improved the ability to resist recoil, observe target through the optic with out being moved off sight, and allowed for faster follow up shots - again because the rifle did not move. I am impressed with it.

Back