Air Force Aerovac Tech here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy76

Unverified
Been AD for 16 years in the AF with multiple deployments. Riding a HQ gig until after my back heals from surgery. Anyone have any good post spinal fusion exercises?

Are you seeing a physio terrorist regularly? They'll give you the right info. From personal experience, don't push yourself to hard after back surgery until you are definitely ready for it. It takes a lot of time for things to heal and more damage can be done.

Oh yah, Welcome. lol I didn't even realize it was an Intro...

Thanks. Ah yes, the C-9. I miss that plane. Was the Cadillac of Aerovac. I just had the surgery in May and will start physical therapy in August. Been swimming laps and walking everyday for the past two weeks. Feels good to be doing some form of exercise.

Walking and swimming is a great way to start your recovery. I'd suggest you wait until you start your official therapy next month, then between your therapist and your Doc; they can come up with a great game plan for you.

Good luck and keep working at it!

Are you seeing a physio terrorist regularly? They'll give you the right info. From personal experience, don't push yourself to hard after back surgery until you are definitely ready for it. It takes a lot of time for things to heal and more damage can be done.

Oh yah, Welcome. lol I didn't even realize it was an Intro...

Lol. New to the target deck, the dreaded physio terrorist :)

Welcome Chappy!

Welcome

Best wishes on your recovery. Do EXACTLY what they tell you, no more, no less, and you'll recover as they say you will. Don't forget to ask about nutrition while you're at it. A healthy physical body and a recovering from injury body require different nutrients and levels of intake.

LL

Welcome, I flew AE with the 57th from '83-'88 and in Panama with the 24th from '93-'98; any chance we could have crossed paths?

Nasty, probably not but I'm sure we know a few of the same people. I used to be in the 375th which used to be the 57th. Did you know Perez or Ruffner when you flew in Panama? Perez was one of the flight school instructors I flew with Ruffner. Do you know Dave Dixon?

Nasty, probably not but I'm sure we know a few of the same people. I used to be in the 375th which used to be the 57th. Did you know Perez or Ruffner when you flew in Panama? Perez was one of the flight school instructors I flew with Ruffner. Do you know Dave Dixon?

All three of them worked for me in Panama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back