Air Force Special Tactics "Send Me" Video by Max Impact

Ravage

running up that hill

Vids not bad, the lyricks are lame....but thats my opinion.

Got a few questions though.
What is it with TACP: they are part of Air Commandos, but not all of them do work with SOF units - how does that work?

Also, not all PJs are part of a STS also, what decicdes that this particular Pedro is assigned to a Special Tactics Squadron?

Vids not bad, the lyricks are lame....but thats my opinion.

Got a few questions though.
What is it with TACP: they are part of Air Commandos, but not all of them do work with SOF units - how does that work?

Also, not all PJs are part of a STS also, what decicdes that this particular Pedro is assigned to a Special Tactics Squadron?

Ravage, I'm part of an ASOS (Air Support Operations Squadron) right now so I've got some pretty up-to-date info to answer your first question. First off, you're right, not all of them work with SOF units. As a matter-of-fact, the majority of TACP units only work with conventional Army brigades. However, there are multiple guys in my squadron who, once they were downrange with their conventional units, were farmed out to work with SOF teams who needed a guy who could perform TAC.

There are two other notable exceptions to this, the first is the 17th ASOS which assigns TACPs to the Ranger Battallions (Benning, Stewart, and Lewis). These guys would fall under SOF since they work with the Ranger batts and because the TACPs all have to go through AFSOC Phase I&II selection to get into the 17th ASOS. The second exception, which I admittedly know little about, is a no-sh!t SOF TACP. These guys, according to my understanding, go straight to an STS after they pass Phase II selection. Now, I know even less about what they do when they get there because you have CCT who are TAC-qualified and you have TACP (pretty much the embodiment of TAC) together in one squadron. It seems a bit redundant but here's what I speculate goes on: the STS TACPs may just be there as instructors for the CCTs since the TACP guys are the TAC experts. Or, and what is more likely, they roll-out with the SOF Teams themselves as the assigned TAC. The reason I say it's more likely is because you have an enormous demand for TAC downrange and elsewhere and only so many CCT to go around. Also, you have "other units" poaching the best CCTs to work with them which creates not necessarily a need for CCT but just a need for TAC elsewhere.

That's my 2-cents. Anyone else who can speak more accurately on the subject please reply.

The second exception, which I admittedly know little about, is a no-sh!t SOF TACP. These guys, according to my understanding, go straight to an STS after they pass Phase II selection.

Uh, not for Overseas units, and I will put a call in and check on the stateside units. I know there was the idea to get TACP guys out to the STS's, and there was a massive pushback. There were rumors that we (in the UK) would get them, but never did before I left.

Now, I know even less about what they do when they get there because you have CCT who are TAC-qualified and you have TACP (pretty much the embodiment of TAC) together in one squadron. It seems a bit redundant but here's what I speculate goes on: the STS TACPs may just be there as instructors for the CCTs since the TACP guys are the TAC experts.

Uhhhh, that paragraph would get you laughed at (best case) and stomped out (worst case) around a lot of the Controllers I know. Might wanna "adjust fire". There is always a demand for TAC/JTAC qualified guys.

Or, and what is more likely, they roll-out with the SOF Teams themselves as the assigned TAC. The reason I say it's more likely is because you have an enormous demand for TAC downrange and elsewhere and only so many CCT to go around. Also, you have "other units" poaching the best CCTs to work with them which creates not necessarily a need for CCT but just a need for TAC elsewhere.

I appreciate your apparent will to help out- but it kind of looks like you're throwing up a SWAG here. For almost all of it. Not meant to be personal, but let's call it what it is.

The assignment guys throw chicken bones against the wall to see who gets a good job and who goes to ACC.:p

Truth.

OK....I'm jumping off this JTAC/CCT/TACP discussion and addressing how gay this video is! I'm sorry I can commend these guys for the tribute they were attempting. Even though it feels like theyre riding on the coattails of AF operators..but that's my opinion. The E7 has a voice and the Chief can shred pretty good. But come on people that was the lamest shit I've seen in a while. Rocking out in Garrison...really...wtf?!! That video is an abomination and the song sucks. What I wanna know is who twisted the BA's arms to pose for those cheesy shots. Seriously shits embarrassing. CAN SOMEONE FROM THE NAVYS RECRUITING TEAM PLEASE KICK THE AF RECRUTING IN THE NUTS FOR ME!....jeebus!

Since txpj brought up how bad this is I thought it would be a good time to ask a question I have been wondering about for a while now. With my background in photojournalism I always wondered how much I can use that skill while in Pararescue. Would I be allowed to put together videos and other media? Or is that just for the recruiting/promo people? My recruiter always told me that they would put any skills I have to use but just thought I would ask guys who have been there.

Uh, not for Overseas units, and I will put a call in and check on the stateside units. I know there was the idea to get TACP guys out to the STS's, and there was a massive pushback. There were rumors that we (in the UK) would get them, but never did before I left.

Uhhhh, that paragraph would get you laughed at (best case) and stomped out (worst case) around a lot of the Controllers I know. Might wanna "adjust fire". There is always a demand for TAC/JTAC qualified guys.

I appreciate your apparent will to help out- but it kind of looks like you're throwing up a SWAG here. For almost all of it. Not meant to be personal, but let's call it what it is.

Truth.

Good words dude. I was totally throwin up SWAG there.

OK....I'm jumping off this JTAC/CCT/TACP discussion and addressing how gay this video is! I'm sorry I can commend these guys for the tribute they were attempting. Even though it feels like theyre riding on the coattails of AF operators..but that's my opinion. The E7 has a voice and the Chief can shred pretty good. But come on people that was the lamest shit I've seen in a while. Rocking out in Garrison...really...wtf?!! That video is an abomination and the song sucks. What I wanna know is who twisted the BA's arms to pose for those cheesy shots. Seriously shits embarrassing. CAN SOMEONE FROM THE NAVYS RECRUITING TEAM PLEASE KICK THE AF RECRUTING IN THE NUTS FOR ME!....jeebus!
DUDE. I was trying to keep it on a somewhat learning level- but holy crap, its AWFUL. The whole thing. A rock band, really? Thats what we need? GET EVERYONE IN BALL CAPS. FULL KIT, BALL CAPS! CUE FIGHTER JET!

Since txpj brought up how bad this is I thought it would be a good time to ask a question I have been wondering about for a while now. With my background in photojournalism I always wondered how much I can use that skill while in Pararescue. Would I be allowed to put together videos and other media? Or is that just for the recruiting/promo people? My recruiter always told me that they would put any skills I have to use but just thought I would ask guys who have been there.
Nick- I am going to answer this as flatly as I can. If you want to put together media and videos, you should do that in your spare time or as a part of the Public Affairs office. If you want to be a Pararescueman, you should do that. Our job is to "recover downed and injured aircrew members in austere and non-permissive environments". Photojournalism is not one of our stated responsibilities while on duty.

Got it, 25m target, forget the rest. Never intended it as a substitute for the job.

There are plenty of guys out there that like to put videos together, there are tons of opportunities for cool guy videos and pics, and we all know a guy with a helmet/rifle/chest cam. It just shouldnt be a question at your stage. Not a big deal.

Back