Air Force's HH-60W took it's first flight.

It’s almost like the helicopter community took all of our inputs, sugggestions and needs and then immediately told us to go screw ourselves.

I dunno, it looks pretty pimp. Even the RAF is flying them.

Kids_Ride_Cosford.jpg

It’s still. A. 60.

It’s almost like the helicopter community took all of our inputs, sugggestions and needs and then immediately told us to go screw ourselves.

Welp. Hope it all works out.
AFSOC screwed the pooch on the original CSAR-X and forced us into replaceing 60's with 60's.
Sikorsy S-92's should be sitting on the ramp.

AFSOC screwed the pooch on the original CSAR-X and forced us into replaceing 60's with 60's.
Sikorsy S-92's should be sitting on the ramp.

Do you mean the VH-92 under development? Or the current airframe?

(My dad worked at Sikorsky and my first flight in anything was in an S-61)

Do you mean the VH-92 under development? Or the current airframe?

(My dad worked at Sikorsky and my first flight in anything was in an S-61)
The H-92 (VH-92) EH-101 and HH-47 were the three contenders.
EH-101 was eliminated due to quality control concerns (GAO upheld the decision).
based on the written requirements, the S-92 was a shoe-in, which is why Sikorsky protested, and won after AFSOC selected the HH-47.
Requirements should have been written better, or the selectors less biased, more honest.
HH-92's would be on the ramp had they done a better job.
IIRC ACC started the process and transferred it to AFSOC when rescue went to AFSOC.
The Rescue community has been jerked over ever since Desert Storm, and we aint stopped yet.

Thanks sir for the clarification.

It’s still. A. 60.

Welp. Hope it all works out.

Just curious...What are some of things the Rescue community wanted or needed that the 60s didn't or don't offer? (BTW, I watched all the episodes of ICR and the 60s looked pretty cramped for space with casualties aboard.)

I don't know squat about AFSOC requirement but I have been following the S-92 since they developed it. It's a beast of a helo, and why it isn't in the US arsenal, somewhere, even by the coasties, is beyond me. It's an excellent aircraft.

Thanks sir for the clarification.

Just curious...What are some of things the Rescue community wanted or needed that the 60s didn't or don't offer? (BTW, I watched all the episodes of ICR and the 60s looked pretty cramped for space with casualties aboard.)
Cabin space, for 1. Power, fuel, range- the 60 (even the Mike model) was a good PR RV for the last 10 years, not the next 40.

I’d rather take a slick 47 I can dump 20 security team members, my team and gear to 14k feet than I would a 60 that can barely get me and 3 dudes to 10k.

Back