Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry.

Did AO have any qualitative means for proof, or was it just increased cancer rates? Because I remember reading that they still don't have conclusive evidence on the effects from lab studies and that the rates are not necessarily more than those that didn't serve.

I don't know what the effects of the burn pits are specifically, but anyone can do a PFT. Last time I did it I came out with a 25% lung capacity. No idea if it's related.

I would be surprised if the components of AO were not toxic to humans. If one component is, the case is clear and closed IMO.
The burn pits are not just a lung issue, though that is the obvious first thought.
Everyone who served in Afghanistan has titanium in their lungs, according to to a published expert Dr in the VA that I spoke to a few years ago. They determined this after lung biopsies in A'stan vets. Titanium is prevalent in the fine dust we were all breathing in.
His did say that it is benign... :hmm:

You can take one look at heavily defoliated areas...or at the various crap emitting smoke and fumes from burnpits and you just know that shit is some pure evil.

IMO it's worth the risk if some fakers and frauds get care and compensation as long as the people who were really exposed to this shit get the help they need. Our country owes them.

Last edited:
Its odd how veterans impacted by that kind of shit are just trying to scam the government out of money but everyone else in the world is actively dying from the global warming brought about by "fumes" from humans burning stuff...
...but veterans are just looking for a handout

- update -

New law would require Pentagon to identify all burn pit locations

My Grandpa used to go after us for throwing styrofoam into our campfires; who the hell thought this was a good idea?

According to personal reports and Defense Department documents, all types of rubbish went into the pits – household trash, hospital waste, animal carcasses, plastics, batteries, tires, computers and other office equipment.

I am really interested in seeing a full disclosure list. Of all the burn pits that are at places. That in the past were denied to either not exist. Or even worse, were declared non-hazardous. Which is bullshit.
They built a solar collection array over top of the entire B- site at Detrick. This was our training area. As well as a site for the burning of biological waste from the labs.

I’d be interested in what they say about Rifles Base/Hurricane Point/Camp Ramadi or whatever the hell name of that palace that was located at the fork in the Euphrates. Tiny ass camp, small enough that an RPG launched through the front gate could fly halfway to the backside, and right smack dab at the halfway point was a burn pit. Made running for PT hell.

I’d be interested in what they say about Rifles Base/Hurricane Point/Camp Ramadi or whatever the hell name of that palace that was located at the fork in the Euphrates. Tiny ass camp, small enough that an RPG launched through the front gate could fly halfway to the backside, and right smack dab at the halfway point was a burn pit. Made running for PT hell.
Camp Corregidor?

Camp Corregidor?
Used to have a 3-story palace on the river bank that they leveled because the JDAMs dudded out (that was interesting to see)? Landed helos on the back lawn, had all the rat rigs lined up on the river bank, and the water filtration point was right across the street? Directly across the river was a factory that sat idle for ages?

That place changed names so many times it wasn’t funny. Maybe they settled on Corregidor. But yeah.

Bump for some new members. Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry

Getting a login in is fairly simple, especially with CAC card.

Getting through the website is frustrating, especially seeing the deployment start and end dates being incorrect. Example, it has me deployed to Iraq for one day. One!

This is what happens when we have multiple systems tracking the same information and they do not talk to each. A pull from my ORB or the new IPPSA system would fix the errors. We should do better. All that said, it is worth it. Do it.

Last edited:
Everyone on my team tried to register a year or so ago and provided proof of exposure that included documents and photos.

We were all told by the VA that we didn't qualify because the location wasn't on their list.

No fucking shit it's not on your list! None of the places we go are going to be on your fucking list by the very nature of our job - that's why we provided proof!

Our partners held a literal dumpster fire 20 feet from our hooch/TOC at least twice a week and the prevailing winds carried the smoke straight to our front door. But hey - it's not on the list, so it couldn't possibly affect our health, right? Fucking clownshoes.

Everyone on my team tried to register a year or so ago and provided proof of exposure that included documents and photos.

We were all told by the VA that we didn't qualify because the location wasn't on their list.

No fucking shit it's not on your list! None of the places we go are going to be on your fucking list by the very nature of our job - that's why we provided proof!

Our partners held a literal dumpster fire 20 feet from our hooch/TOC at least twice a week and the prevailing winds carried the smoke straight to our front door. But hey - it's not on the list, so it couldn't possibly affect our health, right? Fucking clownshoes.

That applied to me too back when I registered. There was a check box for "Other operations associated with OIF/OEF/GWOT". Is that box not there any longer?

That applied to me too back when I registered. There was a check box for "Other operations associated with OIF/OEF/GWOT". Is that box not there any longer?

It's been a while - I recall writing a short narrative explaining the location of the claim on the website (which was also included in the documentation we provided).

There is but it is by specific countries around gulf of Oman, Gulf of Aden, etc.

The questions and the way they are framed gives me a feeling that this will be the medical rights fight of our generation, similar to the fight our predecessors had from Gulf War and Vietnam.

It's been a while - I recall writing a short narrative explaining the location of the claim on the website (which was also included in the documentation we provided).
So short narratives are no longer necessary or asked for. @Raksasa Kotor you can input country and then type in specific FOB or province by name.

Last edited:
I recieved this email a few days ago. Does the wording in this mean the VA is finally recognizing that burn pits are a real threat to our health?

(edited to fix typos. My phone screen is cracked and it's starting to add in words)

Screenshot_20200430-085853_Gmail.jpg

Looks to me like. They are addressing a concern without really acknowledging as valid. The very real cause of the concern.
I received the same email. Even though the VA and the DOD. Do not officially recognize the burn pits we had at Detrick.

Back