AK-47 On Full Auto Goes on Fire

Rednecks with assault rifles.

Not always a good combination (runs for the hide hole...)

One of the tactics is to exhaust your enemies weapons capabilities. Getting the enemy to over heat their weapons is one of them. Even heavy duty machine guns will over heat. CBC rifles, are just not designed for sustained fire.

This SAW cooks one off.... not good... I want to know why the Pit Safety Officer has no kevlar, but the shooter does???

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=seZZoddtlH8"]YouTube - M249 cook-off[/ame]

One of the tactics is to exhaust your enemies weapons capabilities. Getting the enemy to over heat their weapons is one of them. Even heavy duty machine guns will over heat. CBC rifles, are just not designed for sustained fire.

As a matter of fact, the Chinese & NK's with their massive frontal attacks, taught us that in Korea! We didn't have Claymores and our machine guns were WWII relics, both water cooled and air-cooled. They were not made for fast barrel changes either.

My BAR never caught fire, but it did get real HOT! :eek:

As for the Red neck's what can I say? :doh: What a dumb a--!:2c:

our machine guns were WWII relics, both water cooled and air-cooled. They were not made for fast barrel changes either.

Water cooled guns should be perfect for that, they are designed for sustained fire, you had trouble with them??

Water cooled guns should be perfect for that, they are designed for sustained fire, you had trouble with them??

Yes! Barrels still burned out as well as below O degrees weather in some cases, didn't help. My unit didn't have many, we had more of the Browning Light machine Guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1919_Browning_machine_gun

Here's a link to the Browning Water cooled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1917_Browning_machine_gun

Picture of 'gun in use in Korea!

Attachments

• 250px-Model1917Korea.jpg
    250px-Model1917Korea.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 30
As a matter of fact, the Chinese & NK's with their massive frontal attacks, taught us that in Korea! We didn't have Claymores and our machine guns were WWII relics, both water cooled and air-cooled. They were not made for fast barrel changes either.

My BAR never caught fire, but it did get real HOT! :eek:

As for the Red neck's what can I say? :doh: What a dumb a--!:2c:

Even in RVN that was a issue. Fire control is important, but sometimes the rules be damned.

on the water cooled 1919s, what I heard they were a little better than the air cooled 1919s, but still had limits.

One funny thing was my partner, who was second turn Marine and also worked with KCSs and PFs first tour, stated Charlie tend to respect the 1919 more than the M60.

Yes! Barrels still burned out as well as below O degrees weather in some cases, didn't help. My unit didn't have many, we had more of the Browning Light machine Guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1919_Browning_machine_gun

Interesting, I'm a bit surprised.

I recall reading (but have never found the info again) that when the Brits first tested the .303 Vickers gun they fired one gun continuously for either 3 or 5 days, the had to stop when they ran out of ammo, the gun never skipped a beat.

This is the kind of shit that makes a range NCO wince. And while it may be yet another testament to the toughness of the AK, I hate to see good weapons abused.

The overheating could ignite residual oil on the exterior while the brass cartridge cases remain--at least while this numbnutz is shooting--protected by the strength of the chamber. A barrel can become a dull glowing red and then ash white during sustained "abuse." It wouldn't surprise me to learn that these goofballs gave the weapon a good slimy enhanced oiling prior to their videotaping.

Without the flames, you don't have a show. :D

The overheating could ignite residual oil on the exterior while the brass cartridge cases remain--at least while this numbnutz is shooting--protected by the strength of the chamber. A barrel can become a dull glowing red and then ash white during sustained "abuse." It wouldn't surprise me to learn that these goofballs gave the weapon a good slimy enhanced oiling prior to their videotaping.

Without the flames, you don't have a show. :D

Ahhhh, the other side of the story. Now that makes sense.
Still hard to watch a good weapon being abused just for show. :doh:

Back