All Things MMA, Judo, Sumo

I get that they are different (in some ways), but I just have to believe that Gordon is just as good in the jacket as he is without. A couple nuances here and there, a few more ruleset changes here and there and I think he's good.
There's no question he'd be good (probably the guy to beat now) but perhaps someone else can give him a run; there certainly isn't with no-gi. I'm sure you know guys that are much stronger in one vs the other; I know I do. I wonder how enjoyable it is for him? Is the challenge there (11 sec heel hooks)? A lot of fans want him to go UFC but that's an entirely different animal as well.

The Stats do not lie.

UFC 282: Blachowicz vs. Ankalaev | ESPN FightCenter
Sigh. Too much jiu-jitsu on my mind.

I thought your comment was in reference to the earlier Gordon Ryan discussion and his recent UFC comments. He has an event coming up in a few days. My bad.

The UFC fight pass events are FIRE.

Sport BJJ on a UFC level of production. Matches happening fast, and it’s a high level.

Gordon Ryan’s team absolutely crushing.
Didn't see any of the matches but heard Nicky Rod, who was a late fill in, came close to subbing the King? "Saved by the bell", so to speak. But in the end Ryan still won the decision. Sounds like the King got himself a match.

Didn't see any of the matches but heard Nicky Rod, who was a late fill in, came close to subbing the King? "Saved by the bell", so to speak. But in the end Ryan still won the decision. Sounds like the King got himself a match.
Absolutely not. It was in overtime, Gordon had already won (his ride time was much higher, also had fastest escape). Nicky was on Gordon’s back, cause that’s where he started.

Gordon watched the clock expire, nonchalantly pointed at the clock for the ref, and then tapped Nicky’s arm letting him know the match was over.

I’ll say this- Nicky is gonna beat Gordon at some point. He’s ridiculously good, Gordon is just the goat.

Absolutely not. It was in overtime, Gordon had already won (his ride time was much higher, also had fastest escape). Nicky was on Gordon’s back, cause that’s where he started.

Gordon watched the clock expire, nonchalantly pointed at the clock for the ref, and then tapped Nicky’s arm letting him know the match was over.

I’ll say this- Nicky is gonna beat Gordon at some point. He’s ridiculously good, Gordon is just the goat.
Got it. Thanks for the clarifying. :thumbsup: This is why you can't believe everything you read. I'm going to try to find the match online somewhere when I have some time.

Got it. Thanks for the clarifying. :thumbsup: This is why you can't believe everything you read. I'm going to try to find the match online somewhere when I have some time.
I get the angle- they want to continue to sell Gordon fights by making it seem he might lose soon. I watched Floyd Mayweather every year in May for the same reason.

Jon Jones is back
Bro. First of all, Bo Nickal is a damn problem. And watching that upset with Bullet Valentino was WILD.

Jon is about to have a historic run at heavyweight. He is stronger now than ever, he is just as fast as ever and is terrifying. No one in the division is going to be able to come anywhere close.

Seeing Greg Jackson in his corner and hearing him talk seems to indicate his Achilles heel (him being immature and an idiot) might be behind him,.

Buckle up, folks.

Bro. First of all, Bo Nickal is a damn problem. And watching that upset with Bullet Valentino was WILD.

Jon is about to have a historic run at heavyweight. He is stronger now than ever, he is just as fast as ever and is terrifying. No one in the division is going to be able to come anywhere close.

Seeing Greg Jackson in his corner and hearing him talk seems to indicate his Achilles heel (him being immature and an idiot) might be behind him,.

Buckle up, folks.
Jon may have beat Ciryl, but that’s just part I. Now he will have to beat his greatest opponent- USADA and post-fight drug tests. So I’ll leave this fight with an asterisks for about 2-3 months… great showing though.

I’m pretty over his whole praising the Lord and never actually apologizing for anything he has done. I’m religious and I’ll be the first to say God doesn’t give a shit about whether you win or lose an athletic event. And I’m sure whatever deity who is up there doesn’t want to be used as a way for you to deflect questions away from your prior poor behavior…

All that said I look forward to Jones going on a tear. And I hope he eventually embraces being a bad guy and just goes full Homelander.

He has also been known to say one thing and do a lot of other things- I will hold all that in mind.

If he can stay away from the picograms and stay on task (which he hasn't done up to now, like, ever) he's gonna absolutely dominate.

Targeting being in Vegas for the Stipe fight in July.

Does Bones get allowed to defend both belts?
No, he'd have to go down and fight in light heavy to reclaim it, belt was vacated. He has zero desire to get back down to that weight- I think he stays at heavy, picks off Stipe next and sets up a fight with Francis Ngannou early next year. After that there is no one left, unless it's a rematch with Gane.

I think we are gonna see a lot of shit talking and padding the stats of GOAT and then a retirement as champ.

Back