Ammunition

Manolito

Lewis B. Puller for todays problems!
Verified Military
Does any manufacturer out there make a low flash powder? Is there a loaded round that is developed for low flash? I am shooting a Sig P239 in a .40 and I am taking a night class and the flash is terrible. I heard some law enforcement ammunition was developed for a low flash. Any help would be appreciated.
Scott I can't shoot a can here in California I figure that was your thought.
Thanks
Bill

8'Duece

In ball ammo your not going to find much if any flash suppressent present in the cartridge.

However, if you use a high profile JHP like Federal Hydroshock it will have a flash suppressent that will dampen the ammount of the muzzle flash you will experience during low light and no light shooting.

policemedic

Verified SWAT
Most premium defense rounds will use low-flash powders. My duty load is Black Hills, and it's pretty good at night (thankfully, since I work last out). Of course, premium is as premium charges :mad: Sometimes I wish I carried .40 S&W, since the department supplies that caliber. I'm out of pocket for .45 ACP.

Manolito

Lewis B. Puller for todays problems!
Verified Military
Thanks for the replies. This started as my fault. I had a barrel ported and it was pretty good for doing drills with Winchester white box ammunition. I took a three day course and one was night fire. I immediately changed out the ported barrel for two reasons the flash and the powder residue covered the tritium front sight so it was a dim glow. Once I got that all squared away and my night vision returned I shot another round in the house and the flash was overwhelming. I am going to reload some rounds with a low flash powder once I find what I am looking for. I carry TAP now but I am going to change out to Winchester Law Enforcement Ammunition.
Thanks to all for the input.
Bill