Another business dumps 'woke' agenda in move to sanity...

Gentleman Jack, oh how I cried when I quit thee.

There's a story out there that according to my friends when I was home on R&R from OEF, that I drank half a bottle by myself. We were camping and having a good time, and then the fuddies wanted to go to bed along with the wife. Well a navy doc wanting to stay up and drink even more, easily convinced me. I swore he helped me down half the bottle. We was having such a good time that some of them got back up and dressed to party with us.

Anyway wife had enough and dragged me back. I don't remember much other than seeing stars before bed. I woke up dead, and was wondering why my face around my eyes hurt. Long story short I tried getting away from her to go back drinking and walked into my truck's passenger door. So she got me up and I tried to leave again and this time did it also again but against a tree. I gave myself on both sides a black eye.

Boy that morning was a rough one the day after, lol.

These are nice moves, in theory. Some speculate JD was merely trying to get out ahead of the curve because they were about to be called out publicly. Companies need to know their customers and this is the latest example.

Others who have recently been called out include Tractor Supply Co, John Deere, and Harley Davidson.

The problem is that without real leadership change, these policies will just quietly get reabsorbed and repackaged. Ex. Harley Davidson's CEO is on record touting some pretty woke stuff. He should be fired, but he's still running the show.

We'll see how things go over the next few months and years. Companies dumped a significant amount of money into this garbage. I'm skeptical that it's going away this easy, even though it should.

These are nice moves, in theory. Some speculate JD was merely trying to get out ahead of the curve because they were about to be called out publicly. Companies need to know their customers and this is the latest example.

Others who have recently been called out include Tractor Supply Co, John Deere, and Harley Davidson.

The problem is that without real leadership change, these policies will just quietly get reabsorbed and repackaged. Ex. Harley Davidson's CEO is on record touting some pretty woke stuff. He should be fired, but he's still running the show.

We'll see how things go over the next few months and years. Companies dumped a significant amount of money into this garbage. I'm skeptical that it's going away this easy, even though it should.

All these "American" institutions are really gone now anyway. Harley and John Deer are merely public companies. Vanguard and Blackrock own about 15-20% each of both of them. Neither company has a controlling stake in themselves anymore. Tractor Supply was bought out by a Canadian store.

Back