Economic shifts in Central America and China

That's one thing that I wonder about China. With their Kung Flu bioweapon, they let a shitload of their people die. I wonder if this is going to be the norm, as they whittle their population numbers down via incompetence and malfeasance.

You write that as though you are certain that their depopulation via incompetence and malfeasance isn't actually their true intent.

This is a country that had a "One Child Policy" that lasted well into the 21st century - and thank the good lord, they finally repealed that shit after a MAJOR policy shift in 2021...
...now they can have up to three children before they are penalized.

You write that as though you are certain that their depopulation via incompetence and malfeasance isn't actually their true intent.

This is a country that had a "One Child Policy" that lasted well into the 21st century - and thank the good lord, they finally repealed that shit after a MAJOR policy shift in 2021...

Well, both things can be true. I am not it was really malfeasance as much as apathy, but the line between the two is awfully thin.

They are truly racist, and I am sure that if a buttload of people die whom they deem as not-as-good-as, they'll not lose sleep over it.

That's one thing that I wonder about China. With their Kung Flu bioweapon, they let a shitload of their people die. I wonder if this is going to be the norm, as they whittle their population numbers down via incompetence and malfeasance.

Speaking of raw goods, they're still heavily reliant on Aussie raw iron. Is there any way you guys can move up the processing chain? There should have been advances in the processing of iron, any way Australia can build semi automated mini foundries to further cut into China's trade wallet?
There’s none on the horizon that I can see, its just a dig and ship proposition. As a commodity, it’s worth so much to us as an export I can’t see that changing. One area that is changing to home processing is the refinement of minerals such as lithium and the other metals that make up EV batteries as China had/has a monopoly on production.

There were exceptions to the 1 CP, such as a couple with a child with developmental delay. The parents could go again. The issue now is that even with their government making it attractive with childcare costs waived, the country is still not producing enough children.

Oh, I get it - I just think its odd that a country with a billion people that spent a couple of generations regulating how many children you could have can simultaneously have problems producing children.

Are they trying to expand their child manufacturing capacity?
Are they preemptively replacing the troops they expect to lose when they invade Taiwan in a few years?
Isn't anyone furious that women don't have domain over their own body in china?
...or does domain over ones own body only apply to American abortion practices???

How is it that China can do no wong?

That's where I'm torn. I know that China getting rid of the bare branches and the deluge of older Chinese saves the CCP a headache. When it comes to the economics of maintaining an ageing population costs stack up. Not to mention the social implications of a large amount of these elderly Chinese being childless males.

The other thing that blows my mind is that they lied about their demographic numbers. Zeihan is saying that according to information coming out of the Hong Kong Academy of Science, China may have miscounted it's population by a hundred million. The miscounted population is all centered around the under 30's group. Apparently the provinces were given funding based on the number of births and they deliberately miscounted.

1708026721473.png

There’s none on the horizon that I can see, its just a dig and ship proposition. As a commodity, it’s worth so much to us as an export I can’t see that changing. One area that is changing to home processing is the refinement of minerals such as lithium and the other metals that make up EV batteries as China had/has a monopoly on production.
Gotcha, I'm glad that y'all are processing minerals at home. That's a great start! Wish there was a way to cut China off from your iron ore and more of the raw resources you produce. It's kinda crazy how China's meteoric rise is built on the back of Australian raw materials and US protection of international shipping and energy flows.

Oh, I get it - I just think its odd that a country with a billion people that spent a couple of generations regulating how many children you could have can simultaneously have problems producing children.

Are they trying to expand their child manufacturing capacity?
Are they preemptively replacing the troops they expect to lose when they invade Taiwan in a few years?
Isn't anyone furious that women don't have domain over their own body in china?
...or does domain over ones own body only apply to American abortion practices???

How is it that China can do no wrong?
To add fuel to the fire, China is also notorious for trafficking women to be wives for their moneyed bare branches. That and Chinese women don't wanna have kids. Something about most Chinese men being beneath them.

Back