Another SEAL book is due to come out.

Ravage

running up that hill
http://www.businessinsider.com/carl-higbies-battle-on-the-homefront-2012-9

Carl Higbie served twice in Iraq, once in 2007 under Bush, and then again in 2009 under Obama.
Recently he wrote a book, “Battle on the Homefront: A Navy SEAL’s Mission to Save the American Dream,” and then got on WND News Radio to publicize its release.
Oh, and also to lambast everyone in sight.
Apparently, to Higbie, we started losing the war the day Obama was inaugurated. He says there was a "night and day difference" between how the administrations ran the war.
"In 2007, we were doing kill and capture missions ... in 2009, it was winning hearts and minds, go out and hold hands and play games with these guys, so during the Obama administration it was quite softhanded."
Nevermind that the "hearts and minds" mission started under Bush in 2008 (I can tell you, because I was there). Higbie goes further by lambasting general officers, calling General Martin Dempsey a "moron" and foreign counterparts (Iraqi soldiers) "stupid."
“It was unfathomable how dumb the people were over there,” Higbie told WND. “It’s difficult to get them to do basic tasks such as reading a map or doing jumping jacks. And we’re giving them guns!”
He tells the WND Radio host a story about an Iraqi trading a U.S. issued pistol for a goat.
Then Higbie repeats a few debunked claims that U.S. Marine FAST teams deployed to Libya and Cairo with either no bullets or "rubber" bullets. About the only claim he makes that has any evidence behind it is that some of these rural, Middle Eastern people had never heard of 9/11. He also says something about Marines in Iraq guarding posts without having bullets, which doesn't even deserve comment (flagrantly false).

Well, this one will probably stirr up some controversy.

Carl_Higbie_2.jpg

Who is this kid??

And its funny how most SEALs look alike.

I'm seriously considering going the Army SOF route after all of this. Not for nothing but you had Act of Valor, Chris Kyle's book come out, Brandon Webb's book come out, Luttrell's new book come out, Owen's book come out, Medal of Honor Warfighter (a game on DEVGRU guys) coming out soon, the Lone Survivor movie is come out soon, a movie on Chris Kyle is being madestudio Bradley Cooper, the Zero Dark Thrity movie is coming out, the guy who played the LT in Act of Valor is coming out with a book and now there's this guy...and this is all within one year. Listen, I'm not a shooter nor am I team guy but isn't that just a little ridiculous? I mean when was the last time you saw a book about Rangers, or the Army's tier 1 "element"?

I'm seriously considering going the Army SOF route after all of this. Not for nothing but you had Act of Valor, Chris Kyle's book come out, Brandon Webb's book come out, Luttrell's new book come out, Owen's book come out, Medal of Honor Warfighter (a game on DEVGRU guys) coming out soon, the Lone Survivor movie is come out soon, a movie on Chris Kyle is being madestudio Bradley Cooper, the Zero Dark Thrity movie is coming out, the guy who played the LT in Act of Valor is coming out with a book and now there's this guy...and this is all within one year. Listen, I'm not a shooter nor am I team guy but isn't that just a little ridiculous? I mean when was the last time you saw a book about Rangers, or the Army's tier 1 "element"?

Seriously?

I'm sure the Army SOF guys are anxiously awaiting your arrival...

Guys are striking while the iron is hot. None of them are active duty guys, hence they are trying to make a little extra $$$ for their civilian transition! I think it is total bullshit. They garner attention because of a title they attained and are trying to reap the benefits. It's beyond frustrating.

[quote="Deadpool, post: 241982, member: 4153"I mean when was the last time you saw a book about Rangers, or the Army's tier 1 "element"?[/quote]
Well there was Kill Bin Laden 3 or 4 years ago. Rangers don't write books because...I don't know why. The public doesn't give a fuck about Rangers, we're illiterate and we all know a bunch of guys would come out of the wood works calling you a shit bag because you feel asleep during a patrol in Ranger School or something on top of being a Hollywood sellout.

We had one guy from 3/75 SNOT write a book not too long ago (team reaper).

Wanna know why Rangers don't write books? Because they have us all brainwashed to think that everything from the pouches we wear to the color of our PT belts is OPSEC, and your first TL will jump out of your closet in the middle of the night like a boogie man and smoke the shit out of you for even thinking of breaking OPSEC.

I think Brian is on to something though. You would have 15 different guys come out and talk about every single time you messed up a bowline or were late to work, making you out to be a total shitbag and ruining your book.

I seem to re

You mean like Delta Force by Col Beckwith? or the one by Retired CSM Haney, books like that?

I seem to re

You mean like Delta Force by Col Beckwith? or the one by Retired CSM Haney, books like that?

Or "Kill Bin Laden" or "Operation Darkheart?" Or "Not A Good Day to Die," "Killing Pablo," or, perhaps most famous of all, "Black Hawk Down?"

The Army has had its share.

Makes me wonder though...is there a "right" way to put a book about a time you went into combat? Or is it that the flood of books detailing high speed low drag type of adventures is necessarily exploitative in and of itself?Just a thought. I am more of a Sci-Fi reader either way. I wasn't too impressed with "SEAL Team 6", or "Lone Survivor" (not to take away from legitimate accomplishments by these people) because it felt kinda preachy, but I'll sit back and enjoy some motivational literature once in a while.

The Army has had its share.

Agreed, but look at the "density" of the books. I'm not defending their actions, but they were a trickle or a drop here and there. Perception is reality and it seems that in the last year the SEAL community has worked overtime to release material. Also, some of the books you mention weren't authored by the servicemember, but were done as part of a larger book on a larger subject; the SEAL books are all "I was there" material.

Back