Anti-Semitic terrorism narrowly averted in Miami Beach

Salt USMC

Intel
SOF Support
He said he was ‘going to burn down the building with all the f------ Jews,’ Miami Beach cops say
He said he was ‘going to burn down the building with all the f------ Jews,’ Miami Beach cops say
A resident at a Miami Beach condo was angry after learning he was about to be evicted so he planned to burn down the building and had one group, in particular, targeted, police say.

Along with gasoline and some of the materials he planned to use to fan the flames, detectives found artifacts with swastikas and books of Nazi ideology inside his apartment.

Miami Beach police said their quick action responding to a tip stopped a condo complex on Collins Avenue from going up in flames Thursday afternoon.

“We are confident the work of our detectives prevented an imminent crisis at 5601 Collins Ave.,” police said Friday morning after the arrest of Walter Edward Stolper on a charge of attempted arson in the first degree.

Police say Stolper, 72, was angry over being served eviction papers and had expressed anger and aggression toward other residents at the condominium on several occasions.

On Thursday, police say Stolper told witness Luis Diaz that he was “going to burn down the building with all the f------ Jews,” according to the arrest report.

According to the affidavit, Diaz said Stolper told him he was going to fill plastic containers with gasoline, pour the fuel down the building’s main line, and ignite the gas. Stolper told Diaz that he purchased two electrical fans “to fan the flames and cause maximum amount of damage.”

Diaz also told police Stolper bought padlocks and painted them red and told him he had intended to place the locks on the condo’s fire hoses to prevent the fire department from putting out the fire.

A resident at the Collins condo, Viannette Justino, told police Stolper had recently been served with eviction papers, but it is not clear why the association wanted him removed.

I'm really surprised that this didn't get more coverage. A neo-nazi in Miami Beach is stopped mere hours before burning down his apartment complex and killing nearly 400 residents inside. The motivation is pretty clear in this case, both from the suspect's comments and from the materials found inside his apartment. This could've been a serious mass casualty incident, and it's really a lucky break that police were able to stop him in time.

I'm really surprised that this didn't get more coverage. A neo-nazi in Miami Beach is stopped mere hours before burning down his apartment complex and killing nearly 400 residents inside. The motivation is pretty clear in this case, both from the suspect's comments and from the materials found inside his apartment. This could've been a serious mass casualty incident, and it's really a lucky break that police were able to stop him in time.

I saw it the other day on Fark of all places, but no other sites. I'm with you, I'm surprised it didn't receive any coverage, especially since this wasn't some guy just mouthing off.

I don't see alot of national headlines regarding anti-Semitic threats, stuff like that. Local in my AO, we had a few neanderthal mouth breathers, knock over a few stones at some Jewish cemeteries. As a Jew, it's disconcerting that there is a large amount of these acts, hardly any news.

Now, sure, I'll be that guy. If a mosque or a Baptist church was vandalized, news for days. Seems, to me, anti-Semitism is alive and flourishing in the US. Hell, recall the French senior citizen lady, murdered by neo nazis, for being Jewish?

I've seen this article in plenty of places.

It didn't get more coverage because "what didn't happen" rarely does.

Back